FY2017 Interlibrary Loan Lending Reimbursement Program
Performance Certification Forms
Links to and nformation regarding Performance Certification Forms will be emailed out to Project Managers on Friday, September 22, 2017. The forms need to be signed by the Library Director and uploaded to your Grant Application page in the Grant Management System portal.
Please contact Sara Hayes at email@example.com with any questions after you receive your email.
Webinar : Tuesday, April 25, 2017
A webinar outlining the details of participating in the FY2017 ILL Lending Reimbursement Program was presented on Tuesday, April 25, 2017.
- View the Archived Webinar
- View the Slides: Handout Format (PDF), Full Size Format (PDF)
- Access the Handouts: 2017 GMS Instructions for ILL Reimbursement (PDF) and FY2017 Reimbursement Guidelines and T&Cs (PDF)
The program will open in the Grant Management System on April 25, 2017.
- Program Overview and Timeline
- Award Information
- Eligibility Information
- Application Information
- Application Review Information
- Award Administration Information
- Contact Information
- Other Information
The Texas State Library and Archives Commssion (TSLAC) supports a statewide interlibrary loan program in order to assure Texans will have access to shared library resources to meet learning and information needs.
The goal of the ILL Lending Reimbursement Program is to support and encourage libraries in statewide resource sharing by reimbursing libraries on a per-lend basis for direct costs associated with statewide resource sharing such as postage, mailing materials, courier fees and staff time.
Approximately $700,000 in funding is expected to be available through the SFY2017 ILL Lending Reimbursement Program, subject to approval by the Texas State Library and Archives Commission and available funding. The reimbursements are sub awards (or pass through awards) of the Grants to States program from TSLAC's federal funder, Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS).
Federal Award Identification Number: LS-00-16-044-16
Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA): 45.310
Participating libraries will be eligible to receive a reimbursement based on the number of lends they provide to other Texas lbraries. While we were able to reimburse libraried $7.07 per lend for FY2016, the amount is subject to vary based on the number of participating libraries and available funding.
Awards are tied to lending activity during SFY2017, September 1, 2016 - August 31, 2017. The payments will be dispersed after the end of the fiscal year, in late November 2017.
If your library particpates in the program, please communicate to your legal entity's accounting department or grants accountant that federal money will be coming to the organization after the end of the fiscal year.
April 25, 2017: Webinar: FY2017 ILL Lending Reimbursement Program
April 25, 2017: Access to the FY2017 ILL Lending Reimbursement Program and forms available in the GMS portal
June 30, 2017: Deadline to submit completed Grant Agreement/Application form in GMS, signed by authorized legal entity signatory
September 18-22, 2017: TSLAC will notify libraries of total FY2017 lends and begin accepting Performance Certification forms through the online GMS portal
September 29, 2017: Deadline to submit completed Performance Certification form in GMS, signed by Library Director
Mid-October 2017: Final reimbursement amounts calculated
November 2017: Reimbursement payments dispersed to legal entities (cities, counties, universities)
Approximately $700,000 in funding is expected to be available through the SFY2017 ILL Lending Reimbursement Program, subject to approval by the Texas State Library and Archives Commission and available funding. The reimbursements are sub awards (or pass through awards) of the Grants to States program from the Texas State Library and Archives Commission’s federal funder, Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS).
Federal Award Identification Number (FAIN): LS-00-16-0044-16
Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) Number: 45.310
Participating libraries will be eligible to receive a reimbursement based on the number of lends they provide to other Texas libraries. While we were able to reimburse libraries $7.07 per lend last year, the FY2017 reimbursement amount is subject to vary based on the number of participants and available funding.
Awards are tied to lending activity during SFY2017, September 1, 2016 - August 31, 2017. The payments will be dispersed after the end of the fiscal year, in late October or early November 2017.
If your library participates in the program, please communicate to your legal entity's accounting department or
grants accountant that federal money will be coming to the organization after the end of the fiscal year.
Accredited Texas public libraries who have fully implemented Navigator and lend items to other Texas public libraries during SFY2017 (September 1, 2016-August 31, 2017) using OCLC’s Navigator system are eligible for a reimbursement based on the number of lends provided and available funding. OCLC will provide Navigator lending statistics to TSLAC. If you have any questions about your library's lending activity, please contact Sara Hayes at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-463-5406.
Texas academic libraries that have agreed to lend materials to Texas public libraries are also eligible for
reimbursement payments based on the number of lends they make to Texas Navigator libraries in SF2017.
DUNS and SAM registration
Federal guidelines require entities (cities, counties, non-profits) receiving federal funds, including the ILL reimbursement sub-awards, to have a DUNS number and current registration in the System for Award Management (SAM). Both services are free of charge.
If you have questions about your leagal entity's DUNS/SAM registration, please contact Sara Hayes at email@example.com.
Prospective grantees must use the TSLAC Grant Management System (GMS) portal to access, print, and submit grant agreement applications.
Participation will require three steps:
1. Opt in to the program online through TSLAC's Grant Management System portal (GMS)* Opens April 25, 2017.
2. Access, print, and submit a completed Grant Agreement Form, signed by authorized signatory of the library's legal entity, in the GMS by June 30, 2017.
3. Submit a completed Participation Certification Form after TSLAC announces the library's award amount in mid-September in the GMS.
Libraries will opt-in to the program through the Grants Management Stystem and download the Grant Agreement form to complete and submit by June 30, 2017.
TSLAC will send participating libraries information regarding their lending statistics and award amounts by September 19, 2016 so they can complete and submit the Performance Certification form by September 30, 2016.
* Access to the GMS for additional library staff must be requested by library administrative personnel using the contact import template. The template should be completed, saved, and e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with “2017 ILL reimbursement contacts” in the subject line.
The GMS allows grantees to opt-in and submit all required forms online.
Obtain free Adobe PDF Reader software from the Adobe site here.
This grant is non-competitive.
Grant Agreement Forms must be signed by an individual authorized to enter into contract on behalf of the library’s legal entity (unless written approval from the legal entity for the Director to sign has been provided):
- City libraries: Mayor or City Manager
- County libraries: County Judge
- Non-Profit libraries: Library Board President
- Academic libraries: School Dean or President
Program Performance Certifications may be signed by Library Directors and will be available in September.
ONLINE GRANT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM: Instructions
2. Access the Program Guidelines and LSTA Terms & Conditions form under the "Documents" section and have an individual eligible to enter into contact on behalf of your library read the document. That individual will then need to sign the Application Cerification (Signature) form located on the page where you opt in to the program (see below).
2. Click on NC (non-competitive) Grants from either the top or side menu and select "Add NC Grants".
3. Complete drop down menus selecting ILL Lending Reimbursement 2017 as your Grant Program and click Save.
4. While you will be able to opt in to the program and agree to the terms, the Application Certification (Signature) form at the top of this page will need to be printed, signed, and uploaded to GMS before your library is considered eligible.
Please contact Sara Hayes at email@example.com with any questions.
Questions related to the programmatic aspects of the sub-award should be addressed to:
Sara Hayes, ILL Coordinator
512-463-5406 or 512-936-2306
Questions related to the financial aspects of the grant sub-award should be sent to the financial specialist for grants in your legal entity’s business or accounting office.