Join us for an evening of archives, discussion, and networking at our Setting the Texas Table Exhibit Opening Event.
Join us for this free celebration of Texas foods and Texas Archives Month!
The Setting the Texas Table exhibit looks at the fascinating and important role the state plays in supporting and promoting Texas food commodities. Throughout the exhibit, you’ll find vintage food photography, agricultural statistics, maps of farm regions, some interesting recipes, and state promotional activities such as photo ops with governors and produce queens.
The evening will be complete with some delicious Texas tastes and a celebration of the official squash of Texas - the pumpkin. Be sure to participate in our pumpkin decorating contest generously sponsored by H-E-B.
6 p.m. – Event Opens
- Pumpkin decorating hosted on the portico of the Texas State Library and Archives Commission.
- Setting the Texas Table officially opens.
- Texas refreshments served.
- One-night only showcasing of additional photographs and documents on Texas food production.
6:30-7 p.m. - Panel: Texas Foods, Beverages and You
- A discussion with representatives from Texas farming and ranching, wine, restaurants and wholesale distribution
7:30 p.m. - Announcement of pumpkin decorating contest; awarding of prizes
The event is free and open to the public. Texas fixins' and refreshments will be served. Space is limited, so please RSVP if you plan to attend.
Thanks to the Texas Department of Agriculture for its assistance.
We thanks to our incredible partners for their support of this event:
- Friends of Libraries and Archives of Texas
- Jackson Walker L.L.P.
- El Meson Tequileria
- Llano Estacado Winery
- Independence Brewing Co.
- Lammes Candies
- Poke-e-Jo's Smokehouse
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 512-463-5514 with questions or comments.