READ TO YOUR BUNNY NOW!
Why read aloud?
- It's fun and enjoyable for everyone. . . it helps create a special bond.
- Children learn to read as they listen and look at books.
Where to start?
- Start at the library. Your library has it all! Books. . .Recordings. . .Videos.
- No matter what your reading interest, ask at the library.
- Share books you like.
How to read aloud?
- Let your voice get soft and loud. Change the pace of your reading. . .slow or fast.
- Turn off the television, radio or stereo.
- Let your child have fun with the book. Encourage the child to point out pictures, ask questions or repeat words.
And remember, spending just 20 minutes a day reading to "your bunny" puts your child a hop ahead when it is time for school!
Adapted with permission from a brochure produced by the American Library Association.
Prepared by the Texas Library Association Children's Round Table and the Texas State Library and Archives Commission.