We are offering a new FREE online course, Archival Records Basics, for local governments.
This class covers:
- How to appraise records for historical value;
- Regulating the storage environment to prevent deterioration;
- Benefits of digitization and preservation reformatting;
- Setting up policies and procedures for handling;
- Establishing security measures for your research area;
- Connecting researchers to your records;
- Funding sources for historical records preservation; and
- Implementing an archives program.
The course takes about 3 hours to complete. Participants receive a certificate of completion at the end of the course that may be used toward the Local Government Archives and Records Administration (LGARA) Certificate.
Our online courses allow you to take our fundamental classes at your own pace and in your own office. Be sure to check out our other online classes for local governments: “Control Schedule Basics,” “Disaster Planning for Government Records,” and “Forms Management.”
To register for online classes, go to http://www.tsl.texas.gov/apps/slrm/training/register_local.php.