Disaster strikes and your records are soaked in water. You discover a slow leak in a pipe that has caused mold to flourish. You find silverfish in your warehouse that are eating holes through irreplaceable photographs. Could this have been avoided? What do you do now?
In this webinar, instructors Bret Adams (Government Information Analyst and Master Continuity Practitioner, State and Local Records Management Division) and Sarah Norris (Conservator, Archives and Information Services Division) will discuss:
- Damage assessment: determining the nature and severity of the damage
- Preventing damage from water, mold, and insects
- To salvage or not to salvage?
- Salvaging records with water, mold, and insect damage
- Strategies for paper, photographs, and books
The webinar is designed for both state agencies and local governments.
Title: Disaster Recovery and Salvage for Paper-based Records
Date: Wednesday, September 26, 2012
Time: 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. CDT
Reserve your webinar seat now at: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/263163786