The Texas State Library and Archives Commission recently announced a proposal to review state agency records’ administrative rules. These rules concern the management, retention, microfilming, and electronic storage of state agency records and the fee schedules for the commission’s imaging and records storage services. The notice was published in the Texas Register on November 2, 2012.
Texas state agency administrative rule reviews, proposals, and adoptions appear weekly in the Texas Register. It provides notices of public comment periods. You can watch the Texas Register for proposed rules that affect you (including state or local government records management administrative rules) so that you have the opportunity to review and comment.
The Chapter 6 review is in accordance with Government Code, §2001.39 which require state agencies to review their rules and consider for them readoption every four years. The commission adopts its administrative rules under authority of the Government Code, §441.199, which gives the commission broad rulemaking authority in the state’s management and preservation of records.
Written comments on the review of Chapter 6 may be submitted to Nanette Pfiester, Program Planning and Research Specialist, Texas State Library and Archives Commission, State and Local Records Management, Box 12927, Austin, TX 78711; by fax to (512) 936-2306; or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Texas Register at: http://www.sos.state.tx.us/texreg/index.shtml
- Texas Administrative Code (Title 13, Part 1, Chapter 6) at: http://info.sos.state.tx.us/pls/pub/readtac$ext.ViewTAC?tac_view=4&ti=13&pt=1&ch=6
- And attached graphic for Guidelines for the Management of Electronic Transactions and Signed Records under the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act (UETA) http://info.sos.state.tx.us/fids/13_0006_0097-1.pdf
- Government Code Chapter 441 http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/GV/htm/GV.441.htm
- Business and Commerce Code Chapter 322 (renumbered from Chapter 43) at http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/BC/htm/BC.322.htm