By Angela Ossar, Government Information Analyst
Records management officers know: implementing your records management policies takes some training. But what if you’ve never trained employees before? What if your training just isn’t getting through to your attendees? What if the training doesn’t cover subjects that your employees need, or isn’t offered when they need it?
We’ve assembled a crack team of state agency records management officers with healthy training programs to talk about their experiences providing effective records management training for their employees. Our guest presenters will discuss their experiences providing records management training in a large state agency (DSHS), medium-sized state agency (ERS), and state university (UT Austin).
- The types of training they offer, including email and e-records training, and training for special audiences
- The format and length of their classes
- How they’ve customized their training to meet the specific needs and interests of their agencies
- The special challenges they face, such as training employees in other parts of the state, or employees with non-traditional work schedules
- Using webinars to reach employees across the state
We will also take attendees’ questions throughout the webinar.
Maryrose Hightower-Coyle, CRM (RMO, The University of Texas at Austin)
Jenny Singer, MSIS (RMO, Texas Department of State Health Services)
Kay Steed, CRM (RMO, Employees Retirement System of Texas)
Angela Ossar (Government Information Analyst, Texas State Library and Archives Commission)
This webinar is intended for state agency RMOs, but local governments are more than welcome. We plan to offer a similar webinar tailored to local governments in the future.
Title: Developing Effective Records Management Training for State Agencies
Date: Wednesday, August 21, 2013
Time: 10:30 AM – 12:00 PM CDT
Reserve your webinar seat now at: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/236353946