How long has it been since since you attended records management training?
Registration is now open for our classes for local governments. Classes are being held in March and May. To register for any of the classes listed below, visit our local government class registration page.
Classes are being held at the Lorenzo de Zavala State Archives and Library Building at 1201 Brazos Street (to the east of the Capitol).
- Tuesday, March 18, 8:30 – noon: Introduction to Records Management – Learn why records management is important and required, what constitutes a record, how to ensure you are in compliance and how that benefits your organization, ways to ensure you have an active and continuing program, tips on outsourcing and valuable resources for you and your records management program.
- Tuesday, March 18, 1:30 – 4:30: Managing Electronic Records – Learn how to apply records management principles to electronic records. This course looks at the definition of electronic records (e-records), applicable laws and rules with corresponding best practices and recommended standards and procedures. It also discusses email, digital imaging, and social media, and how to address the various challenges of these types of e-records and how to best manage them.
- Wednesday, March 19, 8:30 – 11:30: Emergency Preparedness – Learn how to identify, protect, and ensure access to your vital records, the records necessary to continue operations in the event of an emergency. The course will also cover how to prepare, respond to, and recover from a records emergency.
- Wednesday, March 19, 1:00 – 4:00: Improving Shared Drives & Filing Systems – This class provides an overview of files management, characteristics of good filing systems, common filing problems, and a six-step program to improving your paper filing system. The course offers strategies and best practices for managing shared drives and developing e-mail file plans.
See class descriptions above.
- Tuesday, May 6, 8:30 – noon: Introduction to Records Management
- Tuesday, May 6, 1:30 – 4:30: Managing Electronic Records
- Wednesday, May 7, 8:30 – 11:30: Emergency Preparedness
- Wednesday, May 7, 1:00 – 4:00: Improving Shared Drives & Filing Systems
Click here to register: https://www.tsl.texas.gov/slrm/training/facetoface/index.html.