Have you ever wondered what goes on behind the scenes when we’re updating our retention schedules or other administrative rules? Join us for a new Analyst Tip video as Julie gives a little peek behind the curtain of how the process works and how long it can take.
Once you’ve watched the video, here’s a real life timeline of how long we worked on updating Schedule PS this year, which will be formally accepted as administrative rule in December 2016, taking effect soon afterwards:
- November 2015 – April 2016: Internal research and review by analysts
- April 2016 – May 2016: Informal comment period
- May 2016 – June 2016: Review and research informal comments
- August 2016: Presented draft to Commission; approved for public comment period
- October 2016: Public comments presented to Commission along with accompanying reviews; rules are approved for adoption
- December 2016: Formal acceptance as administrative rule in the Texas Administrative Code
Subscribe to the Texas Record for more Analyst Tips coming soon! Have an idea for a future Analyst Tips video? Let us know!