Mark your calendars! The Texas State Library and Archives Commission (TSLAC) and the Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR) are offering a bountiful harvest of free and low-cost learning opportunities in October. Whether you prefer learning at a live event or from your desk, there are resources available for you, your colleagues, and your agency staff to increase your records management and information technology knowledge.
- TSLAC’s the Texas Record will offer weekly posts with new articles and reposts of previous articles about records management, electronic records, and a list of on-demand, archived webinars.
- TSLAC celebrates Texas Archives Month, joining archival repositories across the nation to celebrate Archives Month and promote the preservation of our country’s documentary heritage.
- TSLAC’s state records management assistance has archived over 20 webinars (45 minutes each) including a 30-minute online introductory video and webinars on electronic records management, digital imaging, shared drive cleanup, emergency planning and more.
- The DIR Statewide Data Program overview offers ten short video segments based on the Data Management Book of Knowledge. Watch all ten or just segment #1 Overview and Segment #9 Document & Content Management
Session descriptions and registration instructions on the DIR Calendar
- 10/03 DIR Technology Showcase- Data Storage & Digital Archives
- 10/09 DIR Technology Forum – Annual conference for Texas government IT staff. Hosted by DIR.
- 11/16 DIR & TSLAC 2018 e-Records Conference – register In October for this joint event scheduled in November – registration fee increases after October 26 if space is still available
- Records Management Interagency Coordinating Council (RMICC) provides RM educational flyers you can customize and post on your Intranet or in your offices.
- Council of State Archivists – Electronic Records Day webinars and resources include managing public records (2016) and making smart decisions about information systems.
- Association of Intelligent Information Management (AIIM) has a webinar Oct. 10 where AIIM and Microsoft speakers will discuss how Microsoft Office 365 is providing the tools to develop and implement a records management strategy.
- ARMA has International, national and local Austin chapters that offer many learning opportunities
#TXeRecords @TSLAC @DIR