The annual e-Records conference is online again this year! The conference is the afternoon of Wednesday, November 17 and the morning of Thursday, November 18. Our theme is Accelerating Towards the Texas of Tomorrow.
This event is organized by the Texas State Library and Archives Commission (TSLAC) and co-sponsored with the Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR) to promote electronic records management in Texas government. The conference gathers records management and information technology staff from the state and local level together to learn from each other by sharing case studies, solutions, best practices, challenges, and lessons learned.
We are now accepting proposals from state government organizations (state agencies, universities), local governments, vendors, and subject matter experts from various organizations. TSLAC and DIR are looking for learner-focused presentations designed to engage virtual audiences. Prior experience presenting online is not required.
Requested Presentation Formats
A presentation must include 1-2 presenters or 3-4 panelists with a moderator. The presenter(s) or panelists should address at least one suggested topic during a 45-minute session with a 10-minute Q&A.
Suggested topics include:
- Removing paper from workflows
- Texas Public Information Act and electronic records
- Electronic signatures
- Inventorying electronic records
- Managing government records while working from home
- Moving from onsite storage to the cloud
- Engaging citizens online
- Interagency communications
- Office 365 and records management
- Preserving long-term electronic records
- Disaster planning for electronic records
- Turning stored records into usable information
- Role of records and information management in cybersecurity
- Privacy and security in records and information management
- Identifying and managing data assets
- Data governance programs
- Information governance programs
- Other topics related to digital collaboration, communication, security, or retention
If you are interested in presenting, please complete the online Presentation Proposal Submission Form. Please forward this announcement to others who might be interested. The deadline for submitting presentation proposals is July 26.
Speakers and panelists must agree NOT to market products/services during sessions and consent to recording of their session for TSLAC and DIR to publish.
For more information about the 2021 e-Records conference, check out the conference website.