Recent “Off the Record” Posts
- Off the Record – Nuclear Records Testing, Legal IG Guidance, Perfect Retention Policies
- Off the Record – The Ease, Expense of Electronic Records Access and Security
- Off the Record: Data vs. Information Wealth in the Public Sector, Peril of Data Management, and EPA’s Slow Release of Records
- Electronic Records Resources Now Available
- Off the Record: Dead Fingers Open Phones, 120 TB Archives Move to the Cloud, Records Manager Profile
- Off the Record: Ransomware Threats and RM Modernization, Apple Promotes Access and Washington Denies Access
- Off the Record: Federal Record Keeping in a Digital Dark Age, Capture and Protect Social Media from the Wolf
- Off the Record: Space Age Information Governance, Shadow IT and Innovative Mapping
- Off the Record: Alternate Reality- T. Swift and Spoliation, Litigating Record Requesters
- Off the Record: Take a trip to Waco, Washington D.C., and Ohio!
Find more records management resources on the web:
- National Archives Records Management Information – federal directives, regulations, guidance, and training.
- Records Express – the blog of the Chief Records Officer at the National Archives.
- ARMA International – non-profit professional association for records and information managers and related industry practitioners and vendors.
Association for Intelligent Information Management (AIIM) – global community of information professionals providing research, advice, and training.
- Future Proof – blog for the New South Wales (NSW), Australia government records management initiatives and digital archive development.
Disaster recovery resources for libraries, archives, and cultural institutions
Texas Record blog posts concerning disaster recovery:
- Documenting Destruction of Records Damaged or Destroyed
- Bracing for Recovery
- TSLAC & TLA Joint Statement on Hurricane Harvey