e-Records Conference 2010:
ECM and Information Governance
Friday, October 15, 2010
The Commons Center at the J.J. Pickle Research Campus
University of Texas at Austin
10100 Burnet Road, Austin, Texas 78758
PDF (3,483 KB)|
The Texas State Library and Archives Commission (TSLAC) and the Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR) are pleased to announce a one-day conference for state government officials involved in the management of electronic records. This educational event seeks to improve electronic records management in Texas government through the use of statewide standards and best practices.
As part of TSLAC’s legislative mandate, the Commission partners with DIR to provide training for state government records management and information technology staff on managing records in an electronic format. Together, records and information technology staff can address the effective management of digital records and information.
8:30 AM to Noon - Enterprise Content Management (ECM)
- Current trends in the ECM industry (keynote speaker John Mancini, AIIM President). Be sure to check out John's blog, Digital Landfill, home of "8 Things You Need to Know about Information Management": http://aiim.typepad.com/aiim_blog/
- ECM vendor selection and implementation (Kenneth Chin, Gartner)
- A panel discussion on current ECM projects (Mark Browning, LCRA; T. J. Wasden, Family and Protective Services; Chris Foster, University of North Texas)
1:15 PM to 4:15 PM - Afternoon speakers will focus on Information Governance - how an organization manages the way its information is used:
- Government transparency (Gary Chapman, University of Texas)
- An overview of ProjectOne (Victor Gonzalez, Comptroller of Public Accounts)
- A look at e-records from an auditor's perspective (Ralph McClendon, State Auditor's Office)
- A discussion of the uses of social media (Julia Gregory, Texas Parks and Wildlife)
- An overview of Records Management Interagency Coordinating Council - RMICC (Kim Scofield, Office of the Attorney General)
- The future of Texas Records and Information Management (Jan Ferrari and Jelain Chubb, Texas State Library and Archives Commission)
The exhibit area will be open during registration, the mid-session breaks, and lunch. Please visit the exhibits to learn more about related products and services.
The Commons Learning Center at the J.J. Pickle Research Campus, The University of Texas at Austin
10100 Burnet Road, Austin, Texas 78758
Free parking is available in the lots surrounding the building. Specific information and maps available at the Commons website. Please note: All conference participants must enter through the Burnet Road entrance, and obtain a temporary parking permit from the guard at the gate.
Early Registration - $80 by Friday, September 24, 2010
Late Registration - $90 after Friday, September 24, 2010
Cancellation Deadline - Friday, October 1, 2010
After this date, your agency will be charged for the conference whether you attend or not.
Please make purchase orders payable to:
Texas State Library and Archives Commission
State and Local Records Management
P.O. Box 12516
Austin, TX 78711-2516
- All attendees will be billed AFTER the conference by TSLAC.
- Please do not prepay.
- TSLAC does not have the ability to accept credit card payments.
- A P.O. number will be required to process your registration.
- RTI # : Included on the invoice, which will be issued after the conference.
- Federal Tax ID#: 3306-306-306-0013
Please contact the Training Coordinator at 512-421-7218, for more information. Our Fax number is 512-421-7287.
Companies interested in participating in this great networking opportunity are encouraged to download the exhibitor registration form and follow the procedures listed on it. The cost to exhibit is $395. Simple tabletop exhibits, rather than full-scale tradeshow booths, are required.
The exhibit area will be available to conference participants during morning registration, the mid-morning break, lunch, and the mid-afternoon break.
For more information, please see the documents referenced below.
Exhibitor Invitation and Registration Forms
Download Exhibitor Invitation 2010 - PDF
Download Exhibitor Registration Form 2010 - Word
The Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR) is organizing the exhibitor part of this conference. For questions about exhibiting, please contact DIR staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need a copy of Acrobat Reader to view the PDF format, you can download it for free at the Adobe website.
Please e-mail the Publications Specialist if you would like to request a copy of the conference handouts in an alternative format.