Friday, November 16, 2018
This event promotes improved electronic records management in Texas government by bringing together staff responsible for and interested in records management and information technology. Texas technology managers and records managers are working together in new and exciting ways. From governance initiatives to cloud, here is an opportunity to share your best practices, challenges and lessons learned to help other Texas state and local governments.
We are now accepting presentation proposals from state government organizations (state agencies, universities or local governments), vendors and subject matter experts from various organizations to share both their challenges and successes with managing electronic records.
Watch a short video about the conference. In the video, conference attendees and staff talk about how individuals and agencies can benefit from this one-day conference by attending, learning, and connecting with others in Texas government. Save the date and watch for registration beginning in August.
This event is organized by the Texas State Library and Archives Commission (TSLAC) and co-sponsored by the Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR).
Presentation formats could include 1-2 presenters or 3-4 panelists for 45 or 75-minute sessions. Case studies: e-Records and e-Government--solutions, best practices, and lessons learned from projects with other internal or external experts including IRMs, RMOs, vendors, etc. Co-presenters, for example, may be state or local government staff and vendors who collaborated on relevant projects.
Topic areas suggested include:
- Legacy modernization – handling the records
- Preservation for long-term electronic records
- Digitization of non-standard business documents
- Digitization – from paper to workflow
- Disaster Planning – protecting electronic records
- Change management – engaging your workforce in electronic records management
- Improve electronic records management processes with Inventory and Disposition
- Tools for taming the digital tiger
Also, we are looking for state agency Information Resource Managers and Records Management Officer pairs for a panel to share how they developed the intersections between the two groups and their roles and responsibilities.
If you are interested in presenting or being a panelist, please complete the online form, Presentation Proposal Submission Form. Please forward this announcement to others who might be interested. The deadline for submitting presentation proposals is FRIDAY, JULY 20, 2018.
We look forward to seeing you at the 2018 e-Records Conference.
Is records management a new topic for you? Do you want to know more about information technology? You can learn some basics before you attend.
Find out what TSLAC’s State and Local Records Management Division has to offer:
- Records Storage and Imaging Services for Government Agencies
- Learn more about records management with training opportunities
- Sign up for updates posted in The Texas Record for all the latest news.
Find out what DIR has to offer at www.dir.texas.gov:
- Click the Calendar link at the top of any page to view upcoming events and learning opportunities
- Learn about DIR discussions lists, newsletters, and communities with the Stay Connected link at the bottom of any page.
For facility information, visit Commons Learning Center. 10100 Burnet Road, Austin, TX 78758
Southwest corner of Burnet Road and Braker Lane, within the main complex of the J.J. Pickle Research Campus.
Note, there is no dedicated hotel for this event; however, there are many nearby choices. See “About us” on Commons Learning Center’s website for list of hotels, maps, and more.
Registration will open in August.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need assistance.
Registration will open in mid-July.
Registration & Attendees: Contact SLRM at 512-463-7610, email@example.com
Speakers: Contact Nanette Pfiester at 512-463-5477, firstname.lastname@example.org
Exhibitor information: Contact Joy Hall Bryant at 512-475-2346 or email@example.com