Training for Texas Government Records Managers
The mission of the Records Management Assistance Unit training program is to provide foundational records management training to state agencies and local governments. Face-to-face and online sessions are designed to assist agency heads, elected officials, records management officers and other staff establish and administer efficient records management programs.
Please use the menu to the left to find out more about our training opportunities.
Below are our upcoming scheduled live webinars. Most webinars are recorded and posted to the "Archived Webinars" section of this page shortly after the presentation date.
"Local Government Compliance 101" - December 16, 2015 - 10:00-11:00 AM. Every local government entity in Texas must be in compliance with the requirements in the Local Government Records Act. This means having a policy or ordinance approved by the governing body and on file with TSLAC, designating a records management officer, and choosing to either declare adoption of the TSLAC Local Retention Schedules or use an approved custom retention schedule. In this webinar, we'll tell you how to get into compliance quickly so that your office can adhere to the laws and manage records effectively. (Register)
Latest Archived Webinars
Note: Clicking the links below will direct you to the login screen for our online learning system. You will need to either create a free account, log in to your existing account, or click the "Login as a guest" button to proceed to the desired course.
- 10/28/15: "Establishing Your Records Management Dream Team" (Online Course with Recording/Handouts)
- 9/29/15 "Retention 101" (Online Course with Recording/Handouts)
- 4/29/15: "Disposition of State Agency Records" (Online Course with Recording/Handouts)
- 4/23/15: "Disposition of Records for Local Governments" (Online Course with Recording/Handouts)
- 2/18/15: "Conducting a Records Inventory" (Online Course with Recording/Handouts)