Please join us on Thursday, January 30 at 7 pm (Central Time) for our Book Club discussion of EDUCATED: A MEMOIR, by Tara Westover.
Memoir exploring the author’s path from being raised in a fundamentalist, paranoiac Mormon family where she was homeschooled to eventually working her way to graduate degrees at Cambridge and Harvard. Discusses hardships faced by the family, abuse at the hands of a sibling, and more. Commercial audiobook. Bestseller. 2018. Violence and strong language.
Our book club meetings are hosted via toll free conference call,so all you need is a telephone to participate. To RSVP call the TalkingBook Program at: 1-800-252-9605 (RSVP preferred by January 9th) or email us at: email@example.com. Please indicate if you would like us to mail you the book in digital cartridge, large print, or Braille format or if you prefer to download it from BARD.
We request that everyone remember the following:
- Keep external distractions to a minimum.
- Be courteous. Try not to interrupt or talk over others.
- Give everyone a chance to talk.
- Be respectful of differing opinions.
- Keep discussion points concise and relevant to the book.
- If you feel comfortable doing so, preface your comments with your first name.
We look forward to having you join us on Thursday, January 30th!