Please join us on Thursday, May 21 at 7 pm (Central Time) for our Book Club discussion of THE GREAT ALONE, by Kristin Hannah.
We host our Book Club meetings via toll free conference call. All you need to participate is a telephone!
To RSVP, please call the Talking Book Program at 1-800-252-9605; or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. RSVP preferred by April 30.
THE GREAT ALONE is available by mail in digital cartridge. It is also available to download on BARD.
Please indicate if you would like us to mail you the digital cartridge, or if you prefer to download it from BARD.
We ask that everyone remember the following:
- Keep external distractions to a minimum.
- Be courteous. Try not to interrupt or talk over others.
- Give everyone a chance to talk.
- Be respectful of differing opinions.
- Keep discussion points concise and relevant to the book.
- If you feel comfortable doing so, preface your comments with your first name.
THE GREAT ALONE
1974. Former Vietnam prisoner of war Ernt Allbright moves his family, including wife Cora and thirteen-year-old daughter Leni, north to Alaska. While the weather is temperate, the family survives on the generosity of locals. But when winter descends, Ernt’s mental health fractures. Unrated. Commercial audiobook. Bestseller. 2018. DB 90090
We look forward to having you join us on Thursday, May 21!