Please join us on Thursday, May 23 at 7 pm (Central Time) for our Book Club discussion of GOD SAVE TEXAS: A JOURNEY INTO THE SOUL OF THE LONE STAR STATE, by Lawrence Wright.
We host our Book Club meetings via toll free conference call. All you need to participate is a telephone!
To RSVP, please call the Talking Book Program at 1-800-252-9605; or email us firstname.lastname@example.org. RSVP preferred by May 2.
GOD SAVE TEXAS: A JOURNEY INTO THE SOUL OF THE LONE STAR STATE is available by mail in digital cartridge. It is also available to download on BARD.
Please indicate if you would like us to mail you the digital cartridge, or if you prefer to download it from BARD.
We request that everyone remember the following:
- Keep external distractions to a minimum.
- Be courteous. Try not to interrupt or talk over others.
- Give everyone a chance to talk.
- Be respectful of differing opinions.
- Keep discussion points concise and relevant to the book.
- If you feel comfortable doing so, preface your comments with your first name.
An examination of the history, culture, demographics, economics, and politics ofTexas in the early twenty-first century, along with personal reflections by the author of The Looming Tower (DB 63287). Unrated. Commercial audiobook. 2018. DB 90876.
We look forward to having you join us on Thursday, May 23!