TexShare Participation Summary Report for
DeLeon City County Library
TexShare is a cooperative program designed to improve library service to Texans. TexShare focuses on the efficient sharing of library holdings, with an emphasis on electronic information resources and traditional collections of books and journals. At the heart of TexShare is the synergy that occurs when librarians work together to serve customers better.
Static URL for this report:
Your Library... Your Patrons
- City: De Leon
- Population Served: 4,817
- Texas House District: 59
- Texas Senate District: 24
- Regional Library System: Big Country Library System
Your TexShare Program Participation
- TexShare Databases: Yes
- TexShare CARD: No
- TExpress Courier: No
- Interlibrary Loan Reimbursement: No
- Catalog Searchable through The Library of Texas: Yes
Who Are TexShare Members?
- 542 Public Libraries
- 48 4-year public colleges and universities
- 48 4-year private colleges and professional schools
- 58 Community Colleges
- 4 Libraries of Clinical Medicine
Electronic Resources from These Vendors:
- Gale Cengage Learning
Contact / Help
- 512-463-5465 or toll free 800-252-9386
TexShare Databases... Costs and Savings
- Cost to library for TexShare Databases: $85
- Value of TexShare Databases, if licensed separately: $63,845
How Many Resources?
- 14,290 Fulltext Journals
- 2,612 Newspapers and Newswires
- 5,224 Reference Books
- 420,519 Primary Source Documents
- 28,281 NetLibrary eBooks
49 Databases for Every Need
- 7 General Information, including MasterFile Premier and InfoTrac Newspapers
- 9 Homework and Education, including Primary Source and Vocational & Career Collection
- 3 Business, featuring Business Source Complete
- 6 Genealogy and History, featuring HeritageQuest Online and Texas Digital Sanborn Maps
- 6 Books and Literature, including Literature Resource Center and 20th Century Poetry Collections
- 8 Health and Medicine, with Consumer Health Complete and Health and Wellness Resource Center
- 6 Science and Technology, with Science and Technology Collection and Computer Source
- 4 Spanish Language resources including Medica Latina and Salud en Espanol
How Does TexShare Help Libraries Serve Customers Better?
TexShare enables participating libraries to offer a broader range of materials and services than any single library can provide. In addition to traditional resource sharing arrangements such as interlibrary loan, TexShare services include:
Online full-text databases, which are commercial databases licensed by TexShare offer authoritative, full-text articles from verifiable, subscription-only sources.
TExpress, a courier service that affords two-day delivery among libraries statewide.
TexTreasures grants for digitizing specialized collections.
The TexShare Card, which permits eligible patrons of Texas public and academic libraries in good standing to directly borrow materials from participating TexShare libraries across Texas.
The TexShare Education Program, which provides training for TexShare programs to enable staff at member libraries to better utilize TexShare services and better serve library patrons.
The Library of Texas at LibraryofTexas.org allows users to discover and retrieve desired information from multiple public, academic, and unique library catalogs, TexShare databases, locally subscribed collections, and other knowledge collections.