TexShare Electronic Information Working Group
Conference Call, March 13, 2014
10:00 – 10:30 AM
Working Group members: Eric Elmore, John Weed, Victoria Chiavetta, Greg Tramel, Lisa Harris Hebert, Steve Clegg, Mary Jarvis, Janis Test, Russlene Waukechon
Roll Call Taken
I. Discuss Renewal of Gale Literature Resource Center(LRC):
Discussion opened with the question of renewing Gale LRC a continuation of the conference call held on Tuesday, March 11, 2014.
EIWG members pointed out:
- Gale resource is more useful and widely used than EBSCO’s Literary Reference Center; the resources in Gale LRC have more broad appeal.
- Academics libraries depend on Gale LRC because many have dropped their print subscriptions.
- Gale product is viewed as having better content
- Discussion about Artemis and implementation of Artemis for TexShare consortia. Russlene will contact Gale rep and find out more information.
Usage statistics comparing LRC vs. EBSCO’s Literary Reference Center were reviewed and questions answered by Jay Velgos.
- It was agreed that it was important to not just rely on one literature resource for the needs of the consortia
Consensus: Gale LRC will be renewed for 2014-2015.
Meeting was concluded by 10:30
Minutes prepared by: Russlene Waukechon