Now Included for ALL TexShare Member Libraries... New LearningExpress Library Plus! More Resources than Ever!
Eight Steps to Transform Your Library into a Test-Prep and
Career Development Powerhouse!
1. Add a LearningExpress Library link to your library's homepage.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request your library's unique link for LearningExpress Library. Every library has a different URL to ensure proper authentication and for tracking usage statistics. We'll email you a PDF with the link you'll need.
Unlike the other TexShare Databases, the LearningExpress Library link does *not* require password-protection. You can place the link right on your home page. However, new users are required to register on the site to access tests, tutorials, and eBooks. Registration only requires creating a unique username (email address) and password.
Public libraries with Ploud websites coordinated through the Texas State Library already have these links.
If your library employs a proxy, review the special instructions to enable access through your proxy server here: http://support.ebsco.com/knowledge_base/detail.php?id=7644
2. Add a logo with the link! (Right-click to download and save.)
3. Order FREE promotional supplies for LearningExpress Library.
Posters and bookmarks are available.
Download posters and comprehensive fact sheets at this link in the FAQ below.
4. View the *brief* LearningExpress Video Guides to get started right away!
Access via your link to LearningExpress. Look for the "Video Guides" dropdown menu.
We know you're busy! Each topic is only 2-3 minutes!
Great for librarians, staff, and patrons.
Everything you'll need to know to get started yourself or to assist your library visitors .
5. Consider running the full-length video (17 minutes) on a loop on a public workstation.(Closed-captioning available.)
The full-length video is available through the Video Guides tab on your LearningExpress Library link: http://www.learningexpresshub.com/productengine/LELIndex.html#/learningexpresslibrary/two/video-guides/full-length-video
6. Track your library's usage stats!
Quantify the value of your library (and TexShare) to your funding agencies.
Contact Customer Support at http://support.ebscohost.com/contact/askus.php. Mention your library is part of TexShare and request an administrative login to the LearningExpress Reports Site. (Tip: create the login with a library email that's shared, so you can delegate the reporting.)
Once you have your administrative login, run your reports at:
7. Access LearningExpress Library Centers separately by creating direct links
You can post direct links to individual learning centers, which is perfect for promoting your special library events such as GED® Test Prep, College Admissions Prep, or Computer Skills training. Download the “Create Custom Links to Centers” PDF or access that PDF through the Librarian Resources link located at the bottom of any page in your LearningExpress Library site.
College Center Plus is an enhanced version with the same LearningExpress Library college placement and grad school resources and new resources for math, English, and science. Added content includes new developmental math, biology, chemistry, CLEP, and DSST practice tests, and guidance pages.
Career Center Plus is an enhanced version with all of the same resources in LearningExpress Library Career Center, plus workplace soft skills tutorials for Attitude and Teamwork, Email Etiquette, Workplace Etiquette, Time Management, and Verbal Communication at Work.
Download LearningExpress Library logos and graphics here to post with your direct links (1.7 Mb zip archive). Here’s a preview of the new centers, College Center Plus and Career Center Plus.
8. Download MARC Records
MARC Records are available to help your patrons discover LearningExpress resources easily! Access them through the “Librarian Resources” link located at the bottom of any page in your LearningExpress Library. MARC Records with the new College Center Plus and Career Center Plus content will be available on July 29, 2016.
What Exactly is LearningExpress Library Plus and How Can My Patrons Use It?
LearningExpress Library Plus is a more powerful version of LearningExpress Library. It includes more than 200 additional resources and two enhanced learning centers─College Center Plus and Career Center Plus. Patrons can:
- Build key work-related skills in time management, attitude and teamwork, verbal communication, and more, with new tutorials in Career Center Plus.
- Improve college performance with a vast collection of new math practice sets and tutorials and added biology and chemistry practice in College Center Plus.
- Access over 800 online practice tests and interactive skill-building tutorials to help them in school and to launch or advance their careers.
- Prepare for professional certification, licensing, and aptitude tests in civil service, law enforcement, firefighting, EMS, military, real estate, and healthcare, among others.
- Prepare for college and graduate school admissions tests including the SAT®, ACT®, GMAT®, GRE®, LSAT®, and MCAT®.
- Successfully prepare for the GED® exam when working toward a high school diploma.
- Dramatically improve or refresh basic skills in reading, writing, and math.
Is training available?
LearningExpress hosts FREE, regularly-scheduled product training webinars. Go to http://training.ebsco.com/ and enter either “LearningExpress Library” or “Job & Career Accelerator” in the search to view the calendar and sign up for a session. Trainers are available to answer your specific questions.
What if my library uses the Library of Texas portal to the TexShare Databases?
LearningExpress is just one of more than 60 TexShare Databases. Access them all via the TexShare menu page at www.libraryoftexas.org/texshare
If your library already links to the TexShare Databases menu, you do not need to do anything; your library's customized link is already there!
Remember: your TexShare login and password may be required to access this portal.
Pro-Tip: Set up *automatic login* to the TexShare menu page for staff and public workstations inside your library by registering your library's broadcast IP addresses. Email email@example.com for information.
Even if you link to the TexShare Databases menu, you can also have a dedicated link to LearningExpress Library on your website.
Download these PDFs for more details on LearningExpress Library, including the scope of materials available and instructions for use.
- LearningExpress Library Product Overview
- LearningExpress Quick Start Guide *In English and Spanish
- LearningExpress PLUS - What's Different?
- LearningExpress Computer Skills Center
- Job & Career Accelerator
- Complete list of LearningExpress eBooks
You can download new LearningExpress Library logos and graphics here: (1.7 Mb zip archive)
- LearningExpress Library 3.0 (8.5x11)
- LearningExpress Library 3.0 (11x17)
- Job & Career Accelerator (8.5x11)
- Job & Career Accelerator (11x17)
- LearningExpress GED Resources (8.5x11)
All PDFs above include a customizable field for your library's URL. Fill in your library's website before printing.
Additonal materials are also available by selecting the Librarian Resources link at the bottom of any page of your LearningExpress Library site:
Can my staff and patrons use these resources on mobile phones, tablets, or iPads?
YES! This new version of LearningExpress Library is compatible with your mobile devices. System requirements for LearningExpress Library are located on the Help tab of your LearningExpress Library Plus homepage.
Who's paying for this?
These LearningExpress education and career development electronic resources are funded by a grant from the US Institute of Museum and Library Services. The TexShare Databases are a program of the Texas State Library and Archives Commission, made possible by state and federal funds, as well as through member participation fees.