The Texas State Library’s FY2017 ILL Lending Reimbursement Program will open in our Grant Management System (GMS) on April 25, 2017.
A webinar outlining the details of participating in the FY2017 ILL Lending Reimbursement Program will be presented on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 at 2:00 pm. Everyone is welcome to participate, a recording and handouts will be made available as well. Register for the webinar here.
More information is available online at https://www.tsl.texas.gov/ld/ill2017, feel free to contact me with any questions.
Interlibrary Loan Program Coordinator
Library Development and Networking Division
Texas State Library and Archives Commission
1201 Brazos, Austin TX 78701
For those of you attending TLA in San Antonio later this month, please see the information below regarding a discussion about TSLAC and library services to be held at the conference:
State Librarian Mark Smith and Assistant State Librarian Gloria Meraz will lead a discussion on the agency’s Sunset Review Process on Thursday, April 20 from 11:15 am to 12:15 pm in room 304BC of the convention center during the TLA Conference.
The Texas State Library and Archives Commission invites you to share your thoughts and suggestions for the future of library development in Texas. If you are a public, school, academic, or special librarian, consider how the agency and its staff impact your work.
The Sunset Review Process is a legislatively-mandated assessment of all agencies to determine if an agency should be continued, how its work can be strengthened, and how the agency can be positioned to fulfill its mission in the coming years.
Some of the questions that this process examines include
-What agency services and functions are important and should be continued?
-How can the agency’s work be improved?
We want to hear your feedback and make your voice part of the process to shape library services. This is a great opportunity to work with colleagues on exploring – and shaping – an exciting future.
RECORDING AVAILABLE : Play Q&A recording (35 min 30 sec) Q&A Slides
OCLC will host a live Q&A session on Thursday, February 23rd at 10:00 am.
Anyone is welcome to attend, we will be addressing some general Navigator questions we have received and there will also be time for any new questions from participants .
To register for this session
Go to https://oclc.webex.com/oclc-en/k2/j.php?MTID=tb9371024585bd0e6735ccf612017bebb and register.
Once the host approves your registration, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions for joining the session.
Note: If you have already registered for this session, you do not need to register again.
A recording will be available for those unable to attend.
Recently, Kathy Kie of OCLC presented an overview of WorldCat data sync collections for Texas libraries. This new service replaces batchloading for keeping library holdings up to date in WorldCat and the Texas Group Catalog.
Please use the resources below to begin the process of updating your holdings in WorldCat and the Texas Group Catalog with data sync collections:
- Use this checklist as a guide to gather the information you will need to create a WorldCat data sync collection in WorldShare Collection Manager:
Texas Library Checklist – Create a WorldCat data sync collection
- The webinar recording and slides will help in completing the checklist:
Play recording (1 hr 16 min 24 sec) *No password required
- Contact your ILS/automation vendor if you need information or assistance in exporting files of items you have added or deleted from your library collection in order to submit them.
Additional assistance/training is available here:
OCLC Customer Support: firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-848-5800
OCLC Data Sync Office Hours (great way to get personal assistance!): http://oc.lc/datasync
OCLC Data Sync Training Opportunities: http://oc.lc/datasync
Texas State Library ILL Coordinator: Sara Hayes, email@example.com, 512-463-5406
These upcoming training sessions are free and available to any and all library staff, but do require advanced registration:
Data Sync Collections Q&A presented by OCLC staff
(updating your library’s holdings in WorldCat)
Thursday, January 12, 2017
10:00 am CST
Click here to register
You need to register before the session. Once you are approved by the host, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions for joining the session.
TAE (Trans-Amigos Express) Courier Refresher Session presented by Amigos staff
Tuesday, January 17, 2017
2:00 pm CST
To register, send your name and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A refresher course on all things courier including: reporting statistics, service disruptions, reimbursements, and courier labels. Questions and comments welcome.
Feel free to contact me with any questions regarding these sessions.
Recording available here:
Play recording (48 min 5 sec)
Recording password: (This recording does not require a password.)
OCLC staff will present information and be available to answer questions regarding Data Sync next Tuesday, 11/22, at 10:00 am. Registration information is available below, everyone is welcome to participate. A recording will also be made available for those unable to attend the live session.
Questions have come up regarding uploading and formatting files in the data sync system. If there are additional topics, concerns, or questions you can let me know ahead of time or ask OCLC staff via chat during the session on Tuesday.
Topic: Texas Navigator Q&A – Data Sync Collections Host: Jenny Rosenfeld Date: Tuesday, November 22, 2016 Time: 10:00 am, CST Session number: Not Available Registration password: This session does not require a registration password.
To register for this session go to
and register. Once the host approves your registration, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions for joining the session. Note: If you have already registered for this session, you do not need to register again.
The Texas specific Data Sync webinar presented by OCLC’s Kathy Kie is available to (re)view anytime here:
Please use this form to request a Collection Manager Account to set up your library to use data sync collections for holdings maintenance: https://www.oclc.org/content/forms/worldwide/en/wckb-request.html
In the comments field specify “Data Sync Collections for Texas Navigator Library”.
WorldCat data sync collections will be replacing the batchload process of keeping records up to date in WorldCat in October.
Texas library staff will want to participate in this webinar (or view the recording afterwards) in anticipation of the transition!
WorldCat data sync collections for Texas Libraries
Host: Kathy Kie
Thursday, September 22, 2016
11:00 am, Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-04:00)
Click here to register
Feel free to contact me at email@example.com with any questions.
It is hard to believe we are coming to the end of SFY2016 but it is true! I would like to share some news and information regarding Texas Navigator ILL from the Texas State Library that I hope you will find useful.
- We are excited that a number of Texas libraries completed Navigator implementation this spring/summer and will be ready to participate in statewide resource sharing! For a complete list of libraries live on Navigator, see the Texas Resource Sharing page at: https://www.tsl.texas.gov/texshare/newsletter/resourcesharingprojects/?page_id=1801
- OCLC will present a live Navigator refresher webinar on Wednesday, August 31st at 1:00 CST. This is great opportunity for new Navigator users as well as seasoned veterans! If you have specific questions or topics you would like addressed, let me know. Click here to register for the webinar. You may also register for the webinar from the NRE log in page.
A previously recorded version of a Navigator refresher webinar is archived here (2 hr 17 min 57 sec).
There will not be a Q&A session this month.
- OCLC will be rolling out a new method to keep records up to date in WorldCat (and the Texas Group Library) this fall. For those of you using ongoing batchload for this process, data sync collection will be the new process for our libraries in October. OCLC and TSLAC will be providing training and information on this process in September, once those training dates are set I will send out that information. While we will be providing training regarding this transition, to take place in October for Texas libraries, more information is available from OCLC’s website here: http://www.oclc.org/support/services/collection-manager/migration.en.html
- FY2017 TExpress Courier prices and subsidy amounts have been set:
- 5-day service $5,202 – $859 subsidy = $4,343
- 3-day service $3,535 – $707 subsidy = $2,828
- 2-day service $2,702 – $450 subsidy = $2,252
For more information about the courier, see these links:
- For libraries who have made at least 24 lends in Navigator this year, please consider participating in the FY2016 ILL Lending Reimbursement Program! If you haven’t already submitted your application through our new Grant Management System (GMS), you still have time. This year we will reimburse libraries on a per lend basis, libraries do not need to submit expenditure documentation, timesheets, or receipts – just one signature page. Information about the program and instructions for the GMS portal are available here: https://www.tsl.texas.gov/ld/ill2016
If you need a new invitation to the GMS portal (invitations expire after 7 days), please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or Erica McCormick at email@example.com.
Thank you for continued participation in ILL!
OCLC will hold a refresher course on using Navigator on Wednesday, July 27, 2016 at 1 pm CST. All library staff are welcome to participate, there will be the opportunity to ask questions throughout the presentation. A recording of the session will be made available for those unable to participate. Please let me know if there are specific topics you would like discussed via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please register below.
Texas NRE Training
Wednesday, July 27, 2016
1:00 pm | Central Daylight Time (Chicago, GMT-05:00) | 2 hrs
Click here to register
After your request has been approved, you’ll receive instructions for joining the meeting.
**A recording of the session will be made available for those unable to attend.**