It is hard to believe we are coming to the end of SFY2016 but it is true! I would like to share some news and information regarding Texas Navigator ILL from the Texas State Library that I hope you will find useful.
- We are excited that a number of Texas libraries completed Navigator implementation this spring/summer and will be ready to participate in statewide resource sharing! For a complete list of libraries live on Navigator, see the Texas Resource Sharing page at: https://www.tsl.texas.gov/texshare/newsletter/resourcesharingprojects/?page_id=1801
- OCLC will present a live Navigator refresher webinar on Wednesday, August 31st at 1:00 CST. This is great opportunity for new Navigator users as well as seasoned veterans! If you have specific questions or topics you would like addressed, let me know. Click here to register for the webinar. You may also register for the webinar from the NRE log in page.
A previously recorded version of a Navigator refresher webinar is archived here (2 hr 17 min 57 sec).
There will not be a Q&A session this month.
- OCLC will be rolling out a new method to keep records up to date in WorldCat (and the Texas Group Library) this fall. For those of you using ongoing batchload for this process, data sync collection will be the new process for our libraries in October. OCLC and TSLAC will be providing training and information on this process in September, once those training dates are set I will send out that information. While we will be providing training regarding this transition, to take place in October for Texas libraries, more information is available from OCLC’s website here: http://www.oclc.org/support/services/collection-manager/migration.en.html
- FY2017 TExpress Courier prices and subsidy amounts have been set:
- 5-day service $5,202 – $859 subsidy = $4,343
- 3-day service $3,535 – $707 subsidy = $2,828
- 2-day service $2,702 – $450 subsidy = $2,252
For more information about the courier, see these links:
- For libraries who have made at least 24 lends in Navigator this year, please consider participating in the FY2016 ILL Lending Reimbursement Program! If you haven’t already submitted your application through our new Grant Management System (GMS), you still have time. This year we will reimburse libraries on a per lend basis, libraries do not need to submit expenditure documentation, timesheets, or receipts – just one signature page. Information about the program and instructions for the GMS portal are available here: https://www.tsl.texas.gov/ld/ill2016
Thank you for continued participation in ILL!