Navigator Training Recordings
Below are 8 self paced training recordings on how to use Navigator. Once you have completed the implementation process and watched all the videos, your library will be ready to go live with Navigator. Please contact OCLC at WorldCatNavigatorIM@oclc.org to obtain your username and password once you have viewed the recordings.
If you are already live with Navigator, the recordings can be viewed as a refresher. Additional Navigator training recordings are available from OCLC here.
Overview of Texas WorldCat Navigator Group
August 16, 2013 26 minutes
- Mention Two sides to system- patron and staff
- Consortial Borrowing setup
- Circulation Interoperability- Do you have it?
- Does your library have access to patron interface?
- Brief tour of staff interface (NRE)
- How holdings are maintained
Submitting Requests in WorldCat Navigator
August 16, 2014 26 minutes
- Workflow from patron interface
- Workflow from staff interface
- Create a user account
- Search for and submit request
- Flow chart of request process
Definition of Work Queue Categories
June 18, 2013 20 minutes
- Borrower column
- Lend column
Borrower Request Processing in WorldCat Navigator
June 18, 2013 18 minutes
- Receive details
- Receive demonstration
- Receive exercise – see sim instructions
- Return details
- Return demonstration
- Return exericise – see sim instructions
Lender Request Processing in WorldCat Navigator
June 18, 2013 16 minutes
- Shipped details
- Shipped demonstration
- Shipped exercise – see sim instructions
- Checked in details
- Checked in demonstration
- Checked in exercise – see sim instructions
- How to search for active ILL requests already present in your Navigator Work Queue, for items that you may want to process individually.
- Taking actions on exceptional items in Navigator as a Borrower, beyond the basic Receive and Return actions.
- Taking actions on exceptional items in Navigator as a Lender, beyond the basic Shipping and Check-In actions.Edit
Questions? Contact Sara Hayes email@example.com