The Houston Area Database Consortium was created last year to determine if Houston area public libraries could save money by purchasing databases together.
Current members include:
- Bellaire City Library
- Brazoria County Library System
- Deer Park Public Library
- Ft Bend County Library
- Harris County Public Library
- Houston Public Library
- Montgomery County Memorial Library System
- Port Arthur Public Library
- Sterling Municipal Library
- Rosenberg Library
The consortium is getting ready to place orders for the second year of purchases. Any HALS library that wants to purchase all three of the following databases at the prices listed below plus $200 in Amigos fees is welcome to join this year’s purchase. Amigos is the purchasing agent but purchases through HALS can be made for non-Amigos members. Interested persons should contact Judith Hiott, Assistant Coordinator, Office of Materials Selection, at the Houston Public Library AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
The databases are:
- Value Line Online: Your choice of the Survey for $743 per building or the
Research Center for $1238 per building (no remote access)
- Alldata Car Repair Database: $925 per building (no remote access)
- Learning Express Library: $906.42 per building includes tests, courses, job,
career, TAKS and remote access
Subscriptions begin 3/1/2005.