TexShare announces SCELC’s offer for electronic journals published by SAGE Publications. Private institutions in Texas can add this package for 2012 if they do not already subscribe to the SAGE Premier deal.
Note that to participate in this offer your institution will need to have completed the TexShare/SCELC Partnership documentation found here: http://scelc.org/texshare/. (Your institution will need to fill out this documentation once, not each time you license something through the TexShare/SCELC Partner Program.)
Description & Content
SAGE is offering institutions the opportunity to subscribe to what they are now calling “SAGE Premier All-Access,” which will include the electronic front-file of all the journals published by SAGE Publications. Details for this agreement include the following:
• SAGE Premier is a subscription-based, full-text e-journal offering
• Access to approximately 609 peer-reviewed, full-text journals on SAGE’s platform, SAGE Journals Online, powered by HighWire from 1999 forward.
• The list journal value of the package is $445,000
• The All Access Model includes all new content published or acquired by SAGE during the term of the agreement. Members receive access to new content at the beginning of the following year of its acquisition. Primary subscriptions of titles acquired by SAGE during the agreement must be maintained for the term of the agreement.
• Perpetual rights are given to members for the journal content published by SAGE during the term of the Agreement. This applies to ALL titles included in the SAGE Premier package.
• Archiving: SAGE participates in Portico, LOCKSS, CLOCKSS and the Dutch National Library archiving initiatives.
• Deep Backfile with Perpetual Access – Members have the option to add perpetual or subscription access to 400 + SAGE Deep Backfiles with coverage back to Volume 1, Issue 1 through the last issue of 1998 through a one time purchase. (Content from January 1999 to the present is included in the current subscription). The Deep Backfile comprises over 400 Full Text Journals, 32,000+ issues, 476,000 articles and over 5.2 million pages.
Pricing for the SAGE Premier All-Access package is based on your institution’s Carnegie classification and current spend on a la carte SAGE journals.
Note that because your institution has likely already paid for its current subscriptions for 2012, SCELC will only invoice your library the difference between what you have already paid and your institution’s total fee.
As detailed in the TexShare/SCELC Partner Program Guidelines (http://scelc.org/texshare/guidelines), SCELC also passes along a small administrative surcharge for the administration of its contracts. This surcharge is the same surcharge SCELC charges its current, dues-paying members, and these fees are SCELC’s primary source of operational revenue. For the SAGE Premier offer, SCELC will charge a 2% surcharge on the SAGE Premier fee it bills your institution in 2012. In addition, SCELC adds a $150 partner transaction fee to electronic journals package administration for non-SCELC members.
If your institution is interesting in trialing the SAGE Premier package, please contact Mary Rose Fink (her contact information is below).
Please contact Mary Rose Fink or James Wiser for an order form. Order forms are due back to the SCELC office by November 30th, 2011. Please fax this order form to SCELC at 888.715.7167.
Again, note that to participate in this offer your institution will need to complete the TexShare/SCELC Partnership documentation found here if it has not already done so: http://scelc.org/texshare/. (Your institution will need to fill out this documentation once, not each time you license something through the TexShare/SCELC Partner Program.)
Mary Rose Fink
Sr. Library Sales Manager
SAGE Publications Inc.