EBSCO Publishing is pleased to announce that the 2005 EBSCOhost MEDLINE upgrade was completed earlier this week. EBSCO Publishing loads the new MEDLINE release annually, in compliance with the NLM’s ongoing upgrades to the database.
The new release incorporates the following features:
- An upgraded MeSH vocabulary, including nearly 500 new descriptors. For specifics on MeSH upgrades, please see: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/pubs/techbull/nd04/nd04_mesh.html
- An enhanced Publications Authority file offering additional journal detail, from SERFILE
- Data level changes, including:
- The check tag “human” is now “humans.” (over 8.5M records changed)
- Journal subsets are now searchable by code or name, e.g., M or MEDLINE.
- Updated citation status subsets: “In process” replaces “PreMEDLINE InProcess,” and “PubMed not MEDLINE” replaces “Out of Scope.”
- Uncorrected author names are now searchable, in addition to corrected author names.
EBSCO continues to update MEDLINE daily, provided updates are received from the NLM. Maintaining the currency of MEDLINE is one of our top priorities.