SCELC announces our second consortial offer for BrowZine™, a unique new service from Third Iron, LLC. Browzine allows library users to easily browse hundreds of scholarly Open Access journals from key publishers PLoS and BioMed Central, in addition to the scholarly journals subscribed to by their library using their individual tablets (iOS & Android) to access content. Users from libraries with a BrowZine™ subscription simply download the free BrowZine app from their app store and select their library within BrowZine to start exploring.
This offer is available to all Academic, Medical School, and Hospital SCELC Members and Affiliates, regardless of geographic location.
Browzine subscriptions run from Dec. 1 through Nov. 30 each year. Order forms are due to the SCELC office by December 6th, 2013. (offer extended this year)
Description & Content (description provided by Third Iron)
BrowZine delivers a new way of browsing scholarly journals by subject area in a format that is optimized for tablets (iOS & Android). Users can access hundreds of Open Access journals from key publishers BioMed Central and PLoS and the scholarly journals made available by their library’s subscriptions to journals from publishers such as ACS, Elsevier, Emerald, IEEE, IOP, NEJM, JAMA, Nature, Oxford, SAGE, Science, Springer and Wiley (complete list). BrowZine™ works with institutions that have Serials Solutions, Ex Libris SFX, Journal Finder, EBSCO A-Z, or OCLC WorldCat KnowledgeBases.
Researchers are calling BrowZine a “breakthrough” way of staying current in their fields by easily keeping up-to-date with research output.
What can researchers do with BrowZine?
• Find favorite journals by using the searchable “Titles A-Z” list
• Discover journals by subject area by using “BrowZine Library”
• Stay current on research output by easily browsing TOCs
• Create a collection of favorite journals by saving titles to “My Bookshelf”
• Email, save, and share (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr)
• Export content to DropBox, Mendeley, Evernote, Safari, Refworks, Zotero, etc.
• Save important articles to read offline in the BrowZine interface
What features are coming soon to BrowZine?
• Bibliographic Management: Mendeley
• New Article Alerts: push notifications
• PDF Annotation within BrowZine™
• Aggregator support (EBSCO, ProQuest, Ovid)
• Expanded Bookshelf: increasing from 16 to 64 journals
• Smartphones: coming in early 2014
• Pricing is for site wide access with unlimited users.
• The pricing discount offered is not a “teaser” rate, but serves as an institution’s standard rate going forward (not including small annual increases).
• There is a 15% consortial discount offered on any new subscription order placed before the offer deadline of December 6, 2013.
If your institution is interested in scheduling a webinar to see how BrowZine works, please contact Hayley Harris. Her contact information is listed below.
If your institution is interested in arranging a free site-wide trial, please contact Hayley Harris. Her contact information is listed below.
To order please complete and sign the attached order form, due back to the SCELC office (email@example.com) by December 6, 2013. Please note that there is a different page for each of three institution types: Academic Institutions, Medical Schools, and Hospitals. Please complete only the one page that corresponds to your institution type.
Hayley Harris, Third Iron, LLC
Jason Price, SCELC Program Manager
Phone: (310) 728-6798