Since the old version of LearningExpress Library will be retired on June 30, 2014, now is the time to get the word out and encourage all patrons to make the move from version 2.0 to LearningExpress Library version 3.0! As a TexShare member library, this upgrade is available to your staff and patrons automatically and at no additional charge.
Need a quick overview?
- Short, video user guides for LearningExpress Library are available here
- Attend a live, open-registration webinar for librarians and administrative staff. View the schedule and register here.
- Also see the LearningExpress FAQ specifically for TexShare libraries.
LearningExpress Library version 3.0 is the most advanced digital learning platform ever!
Built on new technology with a streamlined design, the new LearningExpress Library provides a wealth of skill-building tutorials, test preparation, and career advancement resources.
Version 3 has been enhanced with new educational content, career guidance, and advice from industry experts. It includes test preparation for the new 2014 GED® test, HiSET® and TASC™ exams. And more advanced test preparations are coming soon, including revised materials for plumber’s, electrician’s, and real estate licensing exams.
LearningExpress Library version 2.0 will be retired on June 30, 2014.
This will affect any patrons who created person accounts in the old version of LearningExpress. If they’ve not already done so, version 2.0 users will need to register as new users on LearningExpress Library version 3.0. Version 2.0 logins will not work on version 3.0. In addition, any tests, tutorials, or eBooks saved in version 2.0 will not migrate to the new platform. However, once in version 3.0, your patrons can save their new work using the “My Center” tab.
If your institution does not yet link to the new LearningExpress Version 3, contact TexShare at email@example.com for assistance. Libraries that use the TexShare Databases menu page for access to LearningExpress are already covered. Additionally, libraries using Biblionix/Apollo for database access already have the new links available.
Here are some quick tips to aid in the transition:
- Place your link to LearningExpress Library version 3.0 prominently on your website for easy access.
- Consider direct links to individual learning centers, like Computer Skills or High School Equivalency.
- Visit the Administrator tab in the grey bar at the bottom of most LearningExpress pages for promotional resources that you can customize and print for your institution. Additional promotional materials are also available on request.
- Access user product training videos from any page on the site by clicking the User Guides tab or the video play button on the homepage. Users do not need to login to view the videos.