Coming March 4, 2015!
HeritageQuest® Online, powered by Ancestry
Important changes to HeritageQuest Online are coming in March.
What does this mean for you?
This HeritageQuest Online transition to a new Ancestry interface will happen automatically—no changes will need to be made by you or your library on the transition date. The new version will result in a number of improvements that will make it easier to use, add new content, and help streamline the research process for genealogists.
For more details about the upcoming conversion, visit http://go.proquest.com/HQO_Update/.
Summary of key changes
- Access: The conversion to the new version will be automatic. No changes will need to be made by libraries.
- Authentication: All existing authentication methods will remain in place and intact, including static IP address, referring URL, barcode, and embedded username and password.
- Browser Requirements: HeritageQuest Online will be optimized to perform best on current versions of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, and Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 or newer (we recommend IE 11+).
- Content Enhancements: Including complete U.S. Federal Census 1790-1940 with images and every-name indexes for all decades, and much more.
- Enhanced functionality: All-new image viewer with grayscale or color images.
Visit http://go.proquest.com/HQO_Update/ for the latest updates.
Feel free to forward this email to others in your institution, or subscribing partners who may be interested.