Texas State Library and Archives Commission Agenda
October 16, 2015 – 9:00 a.m.
Mirabeau B. Lamar Room, Lamar University, Mary and John Gray Library, 211 Redbird Lane, Beaumont, Texas
The Library and Archives Commission may deliberate on and/or take action on any of the following agenda items.
The commission may go into executive session on any agenda item, as authorized by the Open Meetings Act, Gov't Code Chapter 551.
- Welcome, introductions & general announcements.
- Approve minutes of August 3, 2015 Audit Committee and Commission meetings.
- Public Comment.
- Renewal of conflict of interest statement and annual compliance statements, and conflict of interest disclosures.
- Review of consent agenda: non-substantive corrections in other agenda items such as spelling, numbering, punctuation, grammar, or other revisions.
- Report of the Audit Committee regarding (a) the Internal Audit on Grants Management, (b) Audit Report for FY 2015 and (c) the Audit Plan for FY 2016.
- Review and approve contracts greater than $100,000, and contract renewals.
- Report on protocols for persons entering and leaving the building and reporting violations.
- Report on IRT procedures.
- Report of the Director and Librarian: may include information or updates on agency programs (Talking Book, Library Resource Sharing, Library Development, Information Resources Technologies, State and Local Records Management, Archives and Information Services, Administrative Services, and Communications Office). Also includes key meetings and activities, Friends of Libraries and Archives of Texas, and the status of other new or ongoing issues.
- Authorization to repeal rule 13 TAC 3.1-3.13 (State Publications Depository Program).
- Authorization to adopt new rule 13 TAC 3.1-3.8 (State Publications Depository Program).
- Authorization to propose amendments to 13 TAC 7.125, regarding local government records retention schedule GR (Records Common to All Local Governments).
- Approve appointment to TexShare Advisory Board.
- Report on agency financial information.
- Executive session, as authorized by Texas Government Code §551.071, §551.074, and §551.076, regarding consultations with attorney, personnel matters, and security devices respectively.