Texas State Library and Archives Commission Agenda
June 3, 2016 – 9:00 a.m.
Lorenzo de Zavala State Archives and Library Building
1201 Brazos Sreet, Austin, Texas
The Library and Archives Commission may deliberate on and/or take action on any of the following agenda items.
The commission may go into executive session on any agenda item, as authorized by the Open Meetings Act, Gov't Code Chapter 551.
- Welcome, introductions and general announcements.
- Consideration of commemorative resolutions.
- Approve minutes of February 18, 2016 Audit Committee, February 18 and 19, 2016 Commission meetings, and April 19, 2016 Emergency Commission meeting.
- Public Comment.
- Conflict of interest disclosures.
- Review of consent agenda: non-substantive corrections in other agenda items such as spelling, numbering, punctuation, grammar, or other revisions.
- Review and approve acceptance of grants, and gifts greater than $500.
- Review and approve contracts greater than $100,000, and contract renewals.
- Report on current status and future plans for renovation and repair work at the Sam Houston Regional Library and Research Center.
- Discuss and approve the Agency Strategic Plan for FY 2017-2021.
- Discussion of Legislative Appropriations Request for FY 2018-2019.
- Discussion of architectural and financial report, State Records Center.
- Report of the Director & Librarian: may include information or updates on agency programs (Talking Book, Library Resource Sharing, Library Development, Information Resources Technologies, State and Local Records Management, Archives & Information Services, Administrative Services, Communications Office, and Center for the Book). Also includes key meetings and activities, Friends of Libraries & Archives of Texas, and the status of other new or ongoing issues.
- Discussion of status of Talking Book Program Automation Project.
- Report on IRT procedures.
- Approval of Records Storage and Imaging fee schedules for FY2017.
- Authorization to propose amendments to 13 TAC 6.10, regarding the Texas State Records Retention Schedule (pertaining to retention of contract documents).
- Authorization to propose amendments to 13 TAC 2.51, regarding Public Record Fees.
- Review and approve revised Standards of Conduct.
- Report on agency financial information.
- Executive session, as authorized by Texas Government Code §551.071, §551.074, and §551.076, regarding consultations with attorney, personnel matters, and security devices respectively.