Texas State Library and Archives Commission Agenda
August 2, 2016 – 9:00 a.m.
Lorenzo de Zavala State Archives and Library Building
1201 Brazos Sreet, Austin, Texas
The Library and Archives Commission may deliberate on and/or take action on any of the following agenda items.
The commission may go into executive session on any agenda item, as authorized by the Open Meetings Act, Gov't Code Chapter 551.
- Welcome, introductions and general announcements.
- Consideration of commemorative resolutions.
- Approve minutes of June 3, 2016 Audit and Commission meetings.
- Public Comment.
- Conflict of interest disclosures.
- Review of consent agenda: non-substantive corrections in other agenda items such as spelling, numbering, punctuation, grammar, or other revisions.
- Review and approve Audit Committee recommendations regarding (1) the Internal Audit on TAC 202 Compliance, (2) the Internal audit on Talking Book Program Circulation, and (3) the SAO audit report on financial processes.
- Report of the Records Management Committee.
- Report of the Ad Hoc Committee on the Sam Houston Regional Library and Research Center.
- Review and approve acceptance of grants, and gifts greater than $500.
- Review and approve contracts greater than $100,000, and contract renewals.
- Discuss 2017 Commission meeting dates.
- Discuss and approve the Legislative Appropriations Request for FY 2018-2019.
- Report of the Director & Librarian: may include information or updates on agency programs (Talking Book, Library Resource Sharing, Library Development, Information Resources Technologies, State and Local Records Management, Archives & Information Services, Administrative Services, Communications Office, and Center for the Book). Also includes key meetings and activities, Friends of Libraries & Archives of Texas, and the status of other new or ongoing issues.
- Authorization to adopt amendments to 13 TAC 6.10, regarding the Texas State Records Retention Schedule (pertaining to retention of contract documents).
- Authorization to propose amendments to 13 TAC 7.125(a)(5), regarding the Records Retention Schedule for Public Safety Agencies.
- Authorization to adopt amendments to 13 TAC 2.51, regarding Public Record Fees.
- Approve appointments to TexShare Advisory Board.
- Approve appointments to Library Systems Act Advisory Board.
- Review and approve recommendations for competitive library grants in State Fiscal Year 2017:
- Special Projects Grants
- Cooperation Grants
- Texas Reads Grants
- TexTreasures Grants
- Impact Grants
- Report on agency financial information.
- Executive session, as authorized by Texas Government Code §551.071, §551.074, and §551.076, regarding consultations with attorney, personnel matters, and security devices respectively.