Texas State Library and Archives Commission Agenda
February 13, 2018 – 8:30 a.m.
Sam Houston Regional Library and Research Center
Jean and Price Daniel Home
650 FM 1011, Liberty, Texas
The Library and Archives Commission may deliberate on and/or take action on any of the following agenda items.
The commission may go into executive session on any agenda item, as authorized by the Open Meetings Act, Gov't Code Chapter 551.
- Welcome, introductions and general announcements.
- Consideration of commemorative resolutions.
- Approve minutes of November 6, 2017 commission meeting.
- Public Comment.
- Conflict of interest disclosures.
- Review of consent agenda: non-substantive corrections in other agenda items such as spelling, numbering, punctuation, grammar, or other revisions.
- Report on current status and future plans for renovation and repair work at the Sam Houston Regional Library and Research Center.
- Review and approve the following contracts greater than $100,000, contract renewals, and amendments: Texas Facilities Commission, $1,070,000.
- Review and approve acceptance of grants and gifts greater than $500, including a gift of $1,000 from Mrs. Linda Dunn of Houston in appreciation for the services of the Talking Book Program.
- Report on status of cell tower lease at the State Records Center.
- Report on status of agency information technology.
- Demonstration of electronic meeting materials for future commission meetings.
- Discussion of August Commission meeting date.
- Report on agency space needs.
- Report of the Director & Librarian: may include information or updates on agency programs (Talking Book, Library Resource Sharing, Library Development, Information Resources Technologies, State and Local Records Management, Archives & Information Services, Administrative Services, Communications Office, and Center for the Book). Also includes key meetings and activities, Friends of Libraries & Archives of Texas, and the status of other new or ongoing issues.
- Review and renew the designation of the Friends of Libraries and Archives of Texas as a “friend” of the State Library and Archives Commission.
- Authorization to adopt amended rule 13 TAC § 4.1, including the revised School Library Programs: Standards and Guidelines for Texas.
- Discussion of and presentation by the State Office of Risk Management (SORM) on insuring agency assets.
- Report on agency financial information.
- Executive Session under the Open Meetings Act, Tex. Gov’t Code § 551.071(2), Discussion to seek legal advice from counsel on the Talking Book Program, intellectual property rights, and designation of records management officers.
Meeting Accessibility: Under the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Library and Archives Commission, upon request, will provide auxiliary aids and services. Those requesting auxiliary aids or services should notify Tracy Lash at the Library and Archives Commission, 1201 Brazos St., Austin, TX 78701, (512) 463-5460, firstname.lastname@example.org, or RELAY Texas (TTY: 7-1-1), as far in advance of the meeting as possible.