Texas State Archives Map Collection
Original Township, City of Austin
|Publisher:||Original survey by Edwin Waller, Agent, April 1939.|
Koch, Louis M., Austin High School, 1933
|Scale:||4 inches = 1500 feet|
|Size:||84 cm x 72 cm|
|Type of Map:||plat|
|Photo Media:||-- None Listed --|
|File Size:||71.87 MB|
Manuscript plat of Austin as it appeared in 1839. Shows rivers, creeks, streets, blocks, government buildings, and some public and private buildings and residences. There is a key to the location of buildings. Note: "All the Above Layout taken from the Maps furnished by Austin Chamber of Commerce, Austin, Texas, 1933"; "Location of All Public Buildings, Homesteads, etc..., taken from article written by Mr. Lawrence K. Smoot"; "Original Grant Purchased from Logan Vandever, James Rogers, G.D. Hancock, J.W. Herrell, and Aaron Burleson, on March 7, 1839, and comprised 7,735 acres. Deed dated March 7, 1839. Purchase Price $21,000. Original Township as layed off by Edwin Waller was made up of 640 acres." Original manuscript and blueprint. 8/3/82
The Texas State Archives Map Collection contains original, photo-reproduced, and compiled maps covering the period from the early seventeenth through the late twentieth centuries. For general information about the holdings and descriptive information available, read the map introduction and indexes and types of maps webpages. For our copy policy, view our webpage on preservation, access, and reproductions.
For information on additional maps in our holdings, read Maps in Other TSLAC Collections.