Texas State Archives Map Collection
Eighth Light House District
|Publisher:||-- None Listed --|
|Cartographer:||-- None Listed --|
|Scale:||1 inch = 30 nau. miles|
|Size:||42 cm x 47 cm|
|Type of Map:||general|
|Format:||photostat, white on black|
|Photo Media:||-- None Listed --|
Eighth Light House District Image:
Sorry, no image available.
Map of this district which extends from the Perdido Entrance, Florida, to the southern boundary of Texas. Shows bays, rivers, islands, cities, towns, railroads, canals, and lighthouses and lighted buoys along the Gulf Coast. A key denotes the type of light and flash used at each lighted area. Inset: 1) Mississippi Sound, 2) Galveston, 3) Atchafalaya River, 4) Mississippi River, 5) Mobile Bay. This map is copied from the Annual Report of the Lighthouse Board to the Secretary of Commerce and Labor, June 30, 1905, Government Printing Office, Washington, D.C., 1905. 5/9/84
The Texas State Archives Map Collection contains original, photo-reproduced, and compiled maps covering the period from the early seventeenth through the late twentieth centuries. For general information about the holdings and descriptive information available, read the map introduction and indexes and types of maps webpages. For our copy policy, view our webpage on preservation, access, and reproductions.
For information on additional maps in our holdings, read Maps in Other TSLAC Collections.