Texas State Archives Map Collection
Map of Morris Island and the Adjacent Creeks
|Publisher:||U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington, D.C., 1891-1895. From a U.S. Coast Survey, 1823-24 Sandhills from Survey 6th June, 1862.|
|Cartographer:||-- None Listed --|
|Scale:||3/8 inch = 1/8 mile|
|Size:||17 cm x 31 cm|
|Type of Map:||military|
|Format:||color, engraved, lithographed, printed|
|Photo Media:||-- None Listed --|
Map of Morris Island and the Adjacent Creeks Image:
Sorry, no image available.
Shows the bay, creeks, terrain, buildings, Confederate batteries, and Union camps and troops. This map accompanies endorsement of General G.T. Beauregard, C.S. Army on Report of Brigadier General R.S. Ripley, C.S. Army. This map and report are part of the Atlas to Accompany the Official Records of the Union and Confederate Armies, compiled by Captain Calvin D. Cowles, Government Printing Office, Washington, 1891- 1895, plate XXVI. Title page, table of contents, and index to maps in the atlas are filed under map #3209. A reprint of this atlas can be found in the Archive's Texana book collection. 9/21/84
The Texas State Archives Map Collection contains original, photo-reproduced, and compiled maps covering the period from the early seventeenth through the late twentieth centuries. For general information about the holdings and descriptive information available, read the map introduction and indexes and types of maps webpages. For our copy policy, view our webpage on preservation, access, and reproductions.
For information on additional maps in our holdings, read Maps in Other TSLAC Collections.