Texas State Archives Map Collection
General Highway Map, Matagorda County, Texas
|Publisher:||Texas State Highway Department, in cooperation with the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Public Roads, 1936. Revised to November 23, 1939.|
|Cartographer:||-- None Listed --|
|Scale:||1 inch = 2 miles|
|Size:||61 cm x 45 cm|
|Type of Map:||highway|
|Photo Media:||-- None Listed --|
General Highway Map, Matagorda County, Texas Image:
Shows rivers, lakes, creeks, streams, cities, towns, outlying buildings--including schools and churches, roads, highways (giving mileage between points), bridges, railroads, cemeteries, oil or gas wells, mines or quarries, state roadside parks, the Intracoastal Canal, military reservations, and airfields. Insets: Buckeye, Pledger, Wadsworth, Clemville, Markham, Van Vleck, Gulf, Midfield, Blessing, Collegeport, Matagorda. Later editions are 5230, 5582, 5978. Long. 95 deg. 30' - 96 deg. 40' Two sheets, each 61 cm x 45 cm. 9/10/85
The Texas State Archives Map Collection contains original, photo-reproduced, and compiled maps covering the period from the early seventeenth through the late twentieth centuries. For general information about the holdings and descriptive information available, read the map introduction and indexes and types of maps webpages. For our copy policy, view our webpage on preservation, access, and reproductions.
For information on additional maps in our holdings, read Maps in Other TSLAC Collections.