Texas State Archives Map Collection
General Highway Map, Bowie County, Texas
|Publisher:||Texas State Highway Department, in cooperation with the U.S. Department of Commerce, Bureau of Public Roads, 1956. State highways revised to January 1, 1961.|
|Cartographer:||-- None Listed --|
|Scale:||1 inch = 2 miles|
|Size:||45 cm x 61 cm|
|Type of Map:||highway|
|Format:||black & white, engraved, lithographed, printed|
|Photo Media:||-- None Listed --|
|File Size:||48.51 MB|
Shows rivers, lakes, creeks, streams, cities, towns; outlying buildings--including schools, churches, and post offices; roads, highways (giving mileage between points), bridges, railroads, cemeteries, utility lines, petroleum pipelines, federal prisons, urban compacts, military bases, arsenals, and airfields. For more detail on towns in Bowie County, see map 5062. An earlier edition is 4800. Later editions are 5378, 5747. Long. 94 deg. 00' - 94 deg. 45' 10/18/85
The Texas State Archives Map Collection contains original, photo-reproduced, and compiled maps covering the period from the early seventeenth through the late twentieth centuries. For general information about the holdings and descriptive information available, read the map introduction and indexes and types of maps webpages. For our copy policy, view our webpage on preservation, access, and reproductions.
For information on additional maps in our holdings, read Maps in Other TSLAC Collections.