Texas State Archives Map Collection
General Highway Map, Matagorda County, Texas
|Publisher:||Texas State Highway Department, in cooperation with the U.S. Department of Commerce, Bureau of Public Roads, 1957. State highways revised to January 1, 1961.|
|Cartographer:||-- None Listed --|
|Scale:||1 inch = 2 miles|
|Size:||61 cm x 45 cm|
|Type of Map:||highway|
|Format:||black & white, engraved, lithographed, printed|
|Photo Media:||-- None Listed --|
General Highway Map, Matagorda County, Texas Image:
Shows bays, rivers, lakes, creeks, streams, islands, cities, towns; outlying buildings--including schools, churches, and post offices; roads, highways (giving mileage between points), bridges, railroads, cemeteries, oil fields, oil or gas wells, utility lines, petroleum pipelines, canals, Gulf Intracoastal Waterway, urban compacts, and airfields. Insets: Midfield, Matagorda, Blessing, Pledger, Van Vleck, Markham, Wadsworth. An earlier edition is 4943. Later editions are 5582, 5978. Long. 95 deg. 30' - 96 deg. 20' Two sheets, each 61 cm x 45 cm. 1/13/86
The Texas State Archives Map Collection contains original, photo-reproduced, and compiled maps covering the period from the early seventeenth through the late twentieth centuries. For general information about the holdings and descriptive information available, read the map introduction and indexes and types of maps webpages. For our copy policy, view our webpage on preservation, access, and reproductions.
For information on additional maps in our holdings, read Maps in Other TSLAC Collections.