Title Bar: Put the Money Under the Rubber, The Texas Highway Department 1917-1968, from the Texas State Library and Archives Commission

 

Military Reservations Map with Highway Department Modifications, April 29, 1943

Back to exhibit

Military Reservations map with highway progress modifications, 1943

Section C
From Military Loop to South Boundary of Camp Bullis – 7.6 Miles.
Gr., Strs., & Base constructed as County Sponsored-WPA project.
County’s participation as sponsor - $2,985.59.  Asphalt surface
financed with Access Funds.  This section complete and ready
for maintenance.  Now being maintained using Federal funds

Section B
0.4 Miles South of Rittman Road to Camp Bullis
Road – Gr. Strs., Base, Gr. Separations and
Asphalt Surface financed with Access funds.
This section now under construction complete. Length – 7.1 Mi.

Section A
Ft. Sam Houston to 0.4 Mi.S. of Zercher
Road – 3.79 Miles. Gr. & Strs. (Includ-
ing Base on North 1.75 Miles) constructed
as Co.-Sponsored-WPA project.  County’s
participation as sponsor - $1,224.69.
Surfacing over all financed with Access
Funds – Complete.  on south 2.04 miles and
under way on north 1.75.

 

Back to exhibit

Military Reservations Map with Highway Department modifications, April 29, 1943. Bexar County project files, Texas Highway Department Records, Archives and Information Services Division, Texas State Library and Archives Commission.

 

Page last modified: November 14, 2011