11/20/18. New TeachingBooks Webinars
Two Summer Reading webinars from TeachingBooks
- - - -
11/15/18. EBSCO Spring Workshop Series
January and February Workshops focused on new and upgraded EBSCO Resources.
New and Upgraded EBSCO Resources
Running January - February 2019
Join us for a tour of new EBSCO resources recently added to TexShare. Learn about the new and updated resources and how your patrons can benefit from them. Advanced searching with field codes will also be discussed. There will be time for hands on activities, questions and collaborating with your peers on promoting these great resources!
TeachingBooks.net: Warm Up for Summer Reading
Date: Tuesday, January 15, 2019. 1:00 – 2:00 PM Central Time
Join us for a one hour webinar to discover resources that will support library programs and help to keep students reading all summer long. Whether you are new to TeachingBooks or you've had the opportunity to explore the wealth of this suite of resources, find out how to make the most of this service that is bringing to life the fiction and nonfiction books you are sharing with readers.
Learning Objective: Participants will find TeachingBooks tools and resources to enhance Summer Reading Programs.
- Stretch thinking with lists filled with ready-to-go resources
- Strengthen communication with sharing tools
- Increase agility for matching readers and titles
- Maintain reading endurance while resisting the summer slide
5 Quick Tips to Enhance Summer Reading Programs from TeachingBooks.net
Date: Tuesday, April 2, 2019. 11:00 – 11:20 PM Central Time
Join us for the 20-minute mini-webinar for tips and tools to add to your summer programming bag of tricks.
- Hooks for Books: trailers, movies, book reading
- Activities: reader’s theater, interactive displays
- Talk about it: resources for book discussions
- Storytime: meet authors, book readings and activities
- Read together: tools for family reading and summer support
Looking for more? Check out past webinars here.
|AMDigital||Liz Stringer||(214) 755-8295|
|EBSCO & LearningExpress||Lisa Dennis||(800) 653-2726 x2087|
|Gale||Stacey Knibloe||(800) 877-4253 x18919|
|ProQuest||Arta Kabashi||(940) 999-0927|
|TexShare||Russlene Waukechon||(800) 252-9386|