|EBSCO||Lisa Jones||800-653-2726 x2012|
|LearningExpress||Shana Ashwood||800-295-9556 x6433|
Learn for Success: Navigating New ProQuest TexShare Collection
This 3 hour face-to-face course will cover in depth several ProQuest Collections that are now part of the TexShare program: Science and Technology collection, E-books and E-Libro. Come learn strategies on how to best navigate these databases, and better prepare to serve your patrons. Whether you’re a public or academic librarian who wants to support STEM education goals, this session is for you. The training session will include several hands on activities to get you familiar with the resource types and the ProQuest platforms. Come ready to learn and network with your colleagues in the area. Visit this page for more information and to register.
3 TSLAC CE hours
New Resources and Features from EBSCO Databases
This workshop will provide a hands-on, interactive overview of two new resources from Ebsco:
1) LearningExpress Plus will be demonstrated.
2) Legal Information Reference Center contains hundreds of full-text publications and thousands of general and state-specific legal forms. Basic and advanced features of the LIRC will be demonstrated along with finding forms and specific publications. We will also take a look at new ways to search and limit within Explora, Small Business Reference Center, Small Engine Repair Reference Center and EBSCOhost. Bring your questions and suggested search topics and we will discover many ways to use these great resources.
3 TSLAC CE hours
TeachingBooks.net Database Training
Bring books to life!
From videos filmed in authors’ studios, lesson plans, book trailers, and vocabulary lists get ready to access resources that will expand students reading experiences.
Learning Objective: Attendees will discover online materials to engage and deepen connections to books read with their students.
- Meet-the Author Resources: Movies, Book Readings, ANPs
- Book Resource Pages: layout, features: lesson plans, book trailers, vocab.com, interviews, links
- Author Specific Resources
- Create custom reading lists to enhance programs and displays
- Sharing Tools support Reader’s Advisory
3 TSLAC CE hours
|American Indian Histories & Cultures and American West||Watch Here||Adam Matthew|
|Using the Small Business Reference Center||Watch Here!||EBSCO|
|Health Resources -- New Year = New You!||Watch Here!||EBSCO|
|Homework Help and School Outreach-*New Way to Search using Explora||Watch Here!||EBSCO|
|Let’s Learn About EBSCO Administration||Watch Here!||EBSCO|
|Exploring Literary Reference Center||Watch Here!||EBSCO|
|EBSCOhost Searching Tips and New Features||Watch Here!||EBSCO|
|Searching Your Newspaper Collection||Watch Here!||EBSCO|
|Do it Yourself Home Improvement and Small Engine Repair||Watch Here!||EBSCO|
|Summer Craft Ideas with Hobbies and Crafts Reference Center||Watch Here!||EBSCO|
|Health Reference Center Academic for Up-to-Date
Information on Health-Related Topics
|Gale Literature Resource Center Overview||Watch Here!||Gale|
Basic Homework Help
All the elements an instructor needs to conduct a 3-hour class on using the TexShare Databases to help K-12 students with homework-related questions.
Participant Guide (PDF 903K)
Basic TexShare Reference
All the elements an instructor needs to conduct a 3-hour class on using the TexShare Databases for Basic Reference. This course is geared towards staff members with little knowledge of databases.