Texas Statewide Resource Sharing Summit
December 3-4, 2015
- 2015 Resource Sharing Summit Report (1.06 MB; PDF)
- 2015 Resource Sharing Summit Report (no appendices) (223 KB; PDF)
Thursday, December 3, 2015
08:30 a.m. Continental breakfast
09:00 a.m. Registration & Networking
09:30 a.m. Summit Day 1 Opening
10:00 a.m. Reflections on Library Resource Sharing in Texas (Mark Smith, State Librarian)
10:45 a.m. Break
11:00 a.m. Identification of Broad Themes for Summit
12:00 p.m. Buffet Lunch
01:00 p.m. Prioritization of Issues
02:30 p.m. Break
02:45 p.m. Prioritization of Goals and Objectives
05:00 p.m. Summit Day 1 Closing
Friday, December 4, 2015
08:00 a.m. Continental breakfast
08:15 a.m. Summit Day 2 Opening
08:30 a.m. Prioritization of Strategies and Major Services
10:15 a.m. Break
10:30 a.m. Synthesis and Next Steps
12:00 p.m. Summit Day 2 Closing
- In 5 years, what will the information needs of Texans be? How can we leverage shared resources to meet those needs?
- Resource Sharing is far more than databases. Can we better define resource sharing? How can we expand our views on and use of our respective resources to assist each other?
- How can resource sharing help libraries remain relevant to their different communities?
- All types and sizes of libraries benefit from sharing resources but their specific needs may vary. How should those varying needs drive future decisions about resource sharing activities?
- Looking out over the next five years, how can we ensure that resource sharing activities support new technologies and new methods of access? How to we prevent digital disenfranchisement?
- What headline would you like to see in the year 2020 that shows that statewide resource sharing efforts such as TexShare have been truly successful?