TexShare Affiliate Membership
PurposeTexShare members include public and private universities and colleges, community colleges, public libraries, and libraries of clinical medicine. (See TexShare Eligibility for more information on current member categories.) The TexShare Affiliate membership provides a structure for other kinds of nonprofit libraries to benefit from TexShare services. Affiliate membership differs from full membership in that:
- Affiliate members do not qualify for TexTreasures grants
- Affiliate members do not participate in the TexShare core databases; when vendor contracts allow, they may participate in TexSelect database offerings.
- Affiliate members pay the full cost of participating in TexShare programs (no state or federal funding is applied).
How to Become a TexShare Affiliate Member
The following types of libraries are eligible for affiliate membership in TexShare:
- Institutions of higher education that do not qualify for full TexShare membership
- Libraries that are members of the Network of the National Library of Medicine (NNLM), South Central Region
- Federal libraries associated with the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) or a U.S. Department of Defense installation
- Non-public schools accredited by an agency recognized by the Texas Private School Accreditation Commission
- Tribal libraries
Affiliate members must also be physically located in Texas (or capable of providing online library services exclusively to Texas residents); be established as a nonprofit organization or administrative subdivision of a nonprofit organization; and provide library services. See 13 TAC 8.1(14), "Eligible nonprofit library," for full eligibility requirements.
Applications for affiliate membership are reviewed by the TexShaer Advisory Board. To request an application packet, please contact us at TexShare at email@example.com or call 512-463-5465.