State Library Printed Publications and Microfilm List
See our Budget Information & Planning, Audits & Reports pages for links to all publications.
Agency divisions and departments that produce and distribute our publications are:
To order print and microform publications:
Publications priced as noted. Please contact the appropriate department for the publication you wish to order to determine cost, and postage and sales tax charges, where applicable. Telephone and e-mail addresses vary between divisions and are listed below.
State Library publications are available in alternate format upon request.
Communications Office (PIO)
For reproductions of archival documents available on microfilm, see Archival Documents on Microfilm section of this page.
- Calendar of the Papers of Mirabeau Buonaparte Lamar - Revised, limited edition. $20
- Compiled Index to Elected and Appointed Officials of the Republic of Texas 1835-1846. $3
- "On This Day of New Beginnings" - Selected inaugural addresses of Texas governors. $4.76
- Post Office Papers of the Republic of Texas:
- Volume I, 1836-1839. $4.50
- Volume II, 1839-1840. $4.50
- Valentine Overton King's Index to Books about Texas before 1889 - Cost is $17.
ARCHIVAL DOCUMENTS ON MICROFILM
Due to poor quality of original documents, some of the microfilm reels may be difficult to read.
Birth and Death Records
Available on 16mm microfilm. $21.95/roll
- 1903-1976 Index to Birth Records. Fifty rolls.
- 1920 Index to Birth Records. One roll
- 1880-1930 Index to Probate Birth Records, Vols. 1-40. Five rolls.
- 1930-1945 Index to Probate Birth Records. Two rolls.
- 1903-1940 Index to Death Records, Texas. Seven rolls.
- 1941-1973 Index to Death Records, Texas. Eleven rolls.
- Selected records of Spanish and Mexican colonial government in East Texas. Available on 35mm microfilm. Twenty-seven rolls. $24.90/roll
Texas Rangers Records
Available on 16mm microfilm. $21.95/roll
- 1919 Ranger Investigation. One roll.
- 1920 Railroad Rangers. Three rolls.
- 1919-1920 Loyalty Rangers. One roll.
- 1919-1935 Regular Rangers. Two rolls.
- 1919-1935 Special Rangers. Seven rolls.
Texas Tax Rolls
Early 1800s through 1981.
- 1960-1974 available on 35mm microfilm. $24.90/roll
- All other years available on 16mm microfilm. $21.95/roll
State of Texas Census of 1850-1860
- Available on 16 mm microfilm. $13.90/roll. Eleven Rolls.
Taxes Collected from Railroads in Texas
Available on 16mm microfilm.
- 1874-1875. One roll. $21.95
V.O. King manuscript, "Seats of Government in Texas"
- 141 pp. ms., no date. Available on 16mm microfilm. One roll. $21.95
Roster of Confederate Home, Austin, Texas
- Available on 35mm microfilm. No date. One roll. $24.90
Texas Confederate Military Service Records
- Alphabetical lists of company commanders with muster rolls, of counties containing company commanders with muster rolls, and of Texas Confederate soldiers. Available on 16mm microfilm. No date. Eight rolls. $21.95/roll
Texas Rangers Service Records
- Service records for Texas Rangers and associated groups, 1830-1900, and of the Minute Men, 1841. Available on 16mm microfilm. Two rolls. $21.95/roll. Note: Reel no. 8 of the Texas Confederate Military Service Records is combined with reel no. 1 of the Ranger service records.
Post Office Department Records, Republic of Texas
- 1835-1841. Available on 16mm microfilm. One roll. $21.95
Wheat, Postmasters, and Post Offices of Texas
- Available on 16mm microfilm. 1846-1930. $13.90/roll
The Liberty Gazette
- Newspaper, 1855-1869. Available on 35mm microfilm. $24.90/roll
The Liberty Vindicator
- Newspaper, 1925-35. Available on 35mm microfilm. $24.90/roll
Executive Record Books, 1855-1938
- Twenty-six rolls. Available on 35 mm microfilm. $24.90/roll
Election Registers (a.k.a. Appointment Registers), 1837-1972
- Thirty-one rolls. Available on 35mm microfilm. $24.90/roll
Voter Registers, 1867-1869
- Twelve rolls. Available on 35mm microfilm. $24.90/roll
Texas Mortality Schedule, 1850-1860
- Eight rolls. Available on 35mm microfilm. $24.90/roll
Criminal Justice-Prisoner Indexes
- Available on 35mm microfilm. $24.90/roll
- Indexes 1849 through 1970, Five rolls.
- Ledgers 1849 through 1954, Fifteen rolls.
Sam Houston papers
- One roll. Available on 35mm microfilm. $24.90/roll
- Available on 35mm microfilm. $24.90/roll
- Bonds and Oaths 1837-1844, Three rolls
- Confederate Land Scrip's, Seven rolls
- Donation Vouchers 1879-1887, Seventeen rolls
- Hardin Papers 1826-1836, One roll
- Index to Ships Arriving 1836-1846, One roll
- Memorial & Petitions (Index), One roll
- Military 1835-1846, One roll
- Naturalization Declaration/Intent 1855-1869, One roll
- Passenger Lists for Ships 1836-1846, One roll
- Passports Issued 1836-1845, One roll
- Public Debt Claims 1848-1861, One roll
- Records Relating to Colonization, Two rolls
- Texas Army
- Correspondence, Six rolls
- Quartermaster Correspondence 1835-1846, One roll
- Texas Colonists (index) 1835-1846, One roll Texas Navy
- Military Rolls (index), One roll
- Navy Correspondence, Four rolls
- Other Financial Records 1836-1842, Six rolls
- Other Financial Wrappers, Two rolls
- Purser's Records Archer - Zavala, Fifteen rolls
- Purser's Records Vessels - Day Book, One roll
- Purser's Records Navy Yard, Three rolls
- Ship's Crew (index) Annari through Young, One roll
- Warrant Registers/Memo of Drafts, Three rolls
SPECIAL SERIES MICROFICHE
Minimum charge of $5 per order.
Attorney General Opinions
- 1939-44 Gerald Mann, opinion nos. 1-5499. $337.00
- 1939-44 Gerald Mann and Grover Sellers, opinion nos. 5500-5699. $13.00
- 1944-47 Grover Sellers, opinion nos. 5700-7543. $112.00
- 1947-52 Price Daniel, opinion nos. 1-1569 w/annual indexes. $125.00
- 1952-56 John Ben Shepperd, opinion nos. 1-224 w/annual indexes. $16.00
- 1957-62 Will Wilson, opinion nos. 1-1518 w/annual indexes. $137.00
- 1963-66 Waggoner Carr, opinion nos. 1-795 w/annual indexes. $70.00
- 1966-72 Crawford Martin, opinion nos. 1-1291 w/annual indexes. $123.00
- 1973-78 John Hill, opinion nos. 1-1321 w/annual indexes. $111.00
- 1979-82 Mark White, opinion nos. 1-594 w/annual indexes. $52.00
- 1983-90 Jim Mattox, opinion nos. 1-1281 w/annual indexes. $108.00
- 1991-98 Dan Morales, opinion nos. 1-500 w/indexes for 1991-94 only.* $50.00
- 1999-2001 John Cornyn, opinion nos. 1-448.* $30.00
- *Note: Opinion Indexes for 1995-1999 will be available in microfiche format in the future.
Attorney General opinions are available online from the Office of the Attorney General at:
- Jim Mattox, 1988-1990. $13.00
- Dan Morales, 1991-1998. $34.00
- **Note: Letter Opinion series ceased at the end of 1998.
Open Records decisions and rulings
- ORD Nos. 1-536. (1973-89). $22.00
- ORD Nos. 537-583. (1990). $4.00
- ORD Nos. 584-598. (1991). $1.00
- ORD Nos. 599-612. (1992). $1.00
- ORD Nos. 613-621. (1993). $1.00
- ORD Nos. 622-630. (1994). $1.00
- ORD Nos. 631-636 (1995) $1.00
- ORD Nos. 637-650 (1996) $1.00
- ORD Nos. 651-657 (1997) $1.00
- ORD Nos. 658- (1998) $1.00
- ORR Nos. 1-396.(1988). $14.00
- ORR Nos. 1-434 (1989). $14.00
- ORR Nos. 1-183 (1990). $5.00
- ORR Nos. 1-661 (1991). $20.00
- ORR Nos. 1-710 (1992). $23.00
- ORR Nos. 1-777 (1993) $25.00
- ORR Nos. 1-825 (1994) $27.00
- ORR Nos. 95-001 thru 95-1634 (1995) $49.00
- ORR NOS. 96-0001 thru 96-2477 (1996) $72.00
- ORR Nos. 97-0001-97-2847 (1997) $80.00
- ORR Nos. 98-0001-98-3315 (1998) $94.00
Open Records decisions and rulings are available online from the Office of the Attorney General at: http://www.oag.state.tx.us/opinions/orl/index.htm
General and special laws of the State of Texas
- 63rd Legislature, First Called Session and 64th Legislature, Regular Session. $73.00
- 65th Legislature, Regular Session and First Called Session. $62.00
- 65th Legislature, Second Called Session and 66th Legislature, Regular Session. $44.00
- 67th Legislature, Regular Session. $58.00
- 67th Legislature, First, Second and Third Called Sessions and 68th Legislature, Regular Session and First Called Session. $108.00
- 68th Legislature, Second Called Session and 69th Legislature, Regular Session and First and Second Called Sessions. $47.00
- 69th Legislature, Third Called Session and 70th Legislature, Regular Session and First and Second Called Sessions. $68.00
- 71st Legislature, Regular Session and First through Sixth Called Sessions. $83.00
- 72nd Legislature, Regular Session and First through Fourth Called Sessions. $63.00
- 73rd Legislature, Regular Session. $64.00
All volumes include nos. 1-100 and annual index.
- 1976, vol. 1. $62.00
- 1977, vol. 2. $86.00
- 1978, vol. 3. $52.00
- 1979, vol. 4. $80.00
- 1980, vol. 5. $76.00
- 1981, vol. 6. $89.00
- 1982, vol. 7. $98.00
- 1983, vol. 8. $88.00
- 1984, vol. 9. $99.00
- 1985, vol. 10. $52.00
- 1986, vol. 11. $59.00
- 1987, vol. 12. $60.00
- 1988, vol. 13. $71.00
- 1989, vol. 14. $75.00
- 1990, vol. 15. $87.00
- 1991, vol. 16. $90.00
- 1992, vol. 17. $108.00
- 1993, vol .18. $124.00
- 1994, vol. 19. $122.00
- 1995, vol. 20. $122.00
- 1996, vol. 21. $140.00
- 1997, vol. 22. $141.00
- 1998, vol. 23. $149.00
- 1999, vol. 24. $135.00
- 2000, vol. 25. $146.00
- 2001, vol. 26. $126.00
- 2002, vol. 27. $139.00
- 2003, vol. 28. $110.00
- 2004, vol. 29. $120.00
- 2005, vol. 30. $87.00
The Texas Register is available online from the Secretary of State at: http://www.sos.state.tx.us/texreg/
Supreme Court Dockets, 1983-present
- Dockets and Advisory Committee files are being filmed continuously; price for the total set changes as new materials are added. Individual dockets and files can be purchased for $1.00 per fiche.
- Supreme Court Advisory Committee Files, 1982-1986. $14.00
Texas State Publications Index.
- 1983: $7.00
- 1984: $6.00
- 1985: $5.00
- 1986: $5.00
- 1987: $8.00
- 1988: $6.00
- 1984-88: $23.00
- 1989 (Jan.-June): $4.00
- 1989 (July-Dec.): $3.00
- 1990: $4.00
- 1991: $5.00
- 1994-96 TSP indexes
Republic Claims, 1835-1846 (on microfilm)
Now available in electronic format at Republic Claims Index.
- Documents submitted for and associated with payments for services to the Republic, 1835-1836, are a total of 258 reels and cost $24.90/reel.
These documents include:
- Audited Claims claims audited and paid during the Republic
- Public Debt Claims payments of the Republic's debt after annexation
- Pensions payments of pensions for Republic military or special services
- Unpaid and Miscellaneous Claims claims submitted but not audited
- Audited Claims Series - 1835-1836 [Reels 1-130].
- Public Debt Series - 1846-ca. 1861 [Reels 131-199].
- Republic Pensions Series - 1870-ca. 1900 [Reels 200-247].
- Unpaid and Miscellaneous Claims Series - 1835-1846 [Reels 248-258].
1-800-252-9605 throughout Texas, or 512-463-5458
- Bequests to the Talking Book Program: - Creating a Listening Legacy Brochure providing information on planned giving to the Talking Book Program.
- Join a Recording Group Today! - ¡Puedes leer y entender el español! - Flyer promoting service in the TBP Volunteer Recording Studio. In English or Spanish.
- Talking Book Program - Libros Que Hablan - General information brochure about the Talking Book Program. In English or Spanish.
- Talking Books for Texans Bookmarks - In English or Spanish.
TALKING BOOK PROGRAM PUBLICATIONS FOR PATRONS, AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST:
- Disability Information Referral Center
- Information on TBP's Disability Referral Center. In English.
- Getting Started - Programa de Libros Que Hablan
- Welcome packet for new patrons. In English or Spanish.
- News Bulletins - Boletínes de Noticias
- Provides information on recent developments in the Talking Book Program. In English or Spanish.
- Spotlight on Texas
- A bi-annual publication announcing the latest audio books produced by volunteers. In English.
- PUBLICATIONS FOR PROFESSIONALS:
- Just for Librarians: Everything you need to know about the Talking Book Program
- Information for public librarians. In English.
- Guide to the Talking Book Program in the Classroom
- Instructions for teachers on how to use TBP services in the classroom. Updated annually. In English.
INFORMATION, FACT SHEETS AND REFERENCE CIRCULARS PRODUCED BY THE NATIONAL LIBRARY SERVICE FOR
THE BLIND AND PHYSICALLY HANDICAPPED (ALL IN ENGLISH):
- Books for Blind and Physically Handicapped Individuals
- General information flyer produced by National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped. In English.
- Talking Books and Reading Disabilities
- About Braille
- Sources for Playback Machines Compatible with NLS Books (2000)
- Assistive Devices for Use with Personal Computers
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Braille Alphabet Card
- Instructional Card with Letters of the Alphabet in Braille.
- Reading is for Everyone
- Braille-embossed Bookmarks
512-463-5494 or 800-252-9386 in Texas
- Library Services Publications - List - An index of publications and other resources for librarians.