State Library Printed Publications List
See our Budget Information & Planning, Audits & Reports pages for links to all publications.
Agency divisions and departments that produce and distribute our publications are:
To order print publications:
Publications priced as noted. Please contact the appropriate department for the publication you wish to order to determine cost, and postage and sales tax charges, where applicable. Telephone and e-mail addresses vary between divisions and are listed below.
State Library publications are available in alternate format upon request.
Communications Office (PIO)
- Calendar of the Papers of Mirabeau Buonaparte Lamar - Revised, limited edition. $20
- Compiled Index to Elected and Appointed Officials of the Republic of Texas 1835-1846. $3
- "On This Day of New Beginnings" - Selected inaugural addresses of Texas governors. $4.76
- Post Office Papers of the Republic of Texas:
- Volume I, 1836-1839. $4.50
- Volume II, 1839-1840. $4.50
- Valentine Overton King's Index to Books about Texas before 1889 - Cost is $17.
1-800-252-9605 throughout Texas, or 512-463-5458
- Bequests to the Talking Book Program: - Creating a Listening Legacy Brochure providing information on planned giving to the Talking Book Program.
- Join a Recording Group Today! - ¡Puedes leer y entender el español! - Flyer promoting service in the TBP Volunteer Recording Studio. In English or Spanish.
- Talking Book Program - Libros Que Hablan - General information brochure about the Talking Book Program. In English or Spanish.
- Talking Books for Texans Bookmarks - In English or Spanish.
TALKING BOOK PROGRAM PUBLICATIONS FOR PATRONS, AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST:
- Disability Information Referral Center
- Information on TBP's Disability Referral Center. In English.
- Getting Started - Programa de Libros Que Hablan
- Welcome packet for new patrons. In English or Spanish.
- News Bulletins - Boletínes de Noticias
- Provides information on recent developments in the Talking Book Program. In English or Spanish.
- Spotlight on Texas
- A bi-annual publication announcing the latest audio books produced by volunteers. In English.
- PUBLICATIONS FOR PROFESSIONALS:
- Just for Librarians: Everything you need to know about the Talking Book Program
- Information for public librarians. In English.
- Guide to the Talking Book Program in the Classroom
- Instructions for teachers on how to use TBP services in the classroom. Updated annually. In English.
INFORMATION, FACT SHEETS AND REFERENCE CIRCULARS PRODUCED BY THE NATIONAL LIBRARY SERVICE FOR
THE BLIND AND PHYSICALLY HANDICAPPED (ALL IN ENGLISH):
- Books for Blind and Physically Handicapped Individuals
- General information flyer produced by National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped. In English.
- Talking Books and Reading Disabilities
- About Braille
- Sources for Playback Machines Compatible with NLS Books (2000)
- Assistive Devices for Use with Personal Computers
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Braille Alphabet Card
- Instructional Card with Letters of the Alphabet in Braille.
- Reading is for Everyone
- Braille-embossed Bookmarks
512-463-5494 or 800-252-9386 in Texas
- Publications and Resources for Librarians - An index of publications and other resources for librarians.