Disability Information & Referral Center(DIRC)
The Disability Information and Referral Center of the Talking Book Program houses information and materials on types of disabilities and health conditions, as well as related organizations, publications, products, and technology.
This is a free reference service provided for anyone with a disability-related question. You do not have to be a member of the Talking Book Program in order to use the services provided by the DIRC.
The Talking Book Program's Disability Information and Referral Center is available to assist people who have questions pertaining to disabilities. Examples of frequently asked questions include:
- Where can I purchase a cassette recorder that will play the books in your collection?
- Is there a support group in my area for parents of children with learning disabilities?
- What kind of magnification devices are available for sale?
- Where can I obtain a Bible on cassette tape or in braille to keep?
- Where can I purchase digital cartridges?
For answers to these and other questions you may have about disabilities, please give us a call at 1-800-252-9605 (toll-free in Texas) or 512-463-5458.
DIRC Resource Links
NOTE: See our Web Policies & Disclaimers page for more information about linking to Web sites other than our own.
Talking Book Program
Texas State Library and Archives Commission
PO Box 12927
Austin TX 78711-2927
1-800-252-9605 (in Texas)
512-463-5458 (in Austin)