When disaster strikes, will you know what to do? This course addresses physical recovery and legal obligations for government records facing common threats like flood, insects, and mold. Learn strategies for emergency and disaster planning and prevention, records storage, and recovery/restoration contracting. Hands-on salvage techniques are discussed for paper, books, and photographic materials, with additional focus on electronic media and decision-making priorities.
Presented by Bret Adams, former Government Information Analyst, and Sarah Norris, former TSLAC Conservator
Original air date: May 22, 2014 - Runtime 43. min
Certificate of completion (PDF) - (Download to your PC, then fill in your name and date completed)
- Records Disposition Log (template)
- Documentation for Premature Loss or Destruction of Records (template)
Sources Linked to in Webinar:
- http://bit.ly/imagingpt2 (now https://www.tsl.texas.gov/slrm/webinars/imaging)
- http://bit.ly/hb1559 (now https://capitol.texas.gov/BillLookup/Text.aspx?LegSess=82R&Bill=HB1559)
- http://bit.ly/storagestandards (now https://www.tsl.texas.gov/slrm/webinars/paperstorage)
- http://bit.ly/armabuyersguide (now http://armabuyersguide.org/)
- http://bit.ly/naravendorlist(now https://www.archives.gov/preservation/records-emergency/contracting)
- https://bit.ly/Dplancourse (now http://www.dplan.org/)
Can't find what you're looking for? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 512-463-7610.