Contact Us or Visit Us
The Texas State Library and Archives Commission houses a vast collection of archives related to Texas government and history and provides a variety of reference services and materials for free public use at the following branches:
- Texas State Library and Archives Commission - Austin [Headquarters]
Lorenzo de Zavala State Archives and Library Building
phone: (512) 463-5455
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Public research rooms on the 1st and 2nd floors: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. and 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on the second Saturday of each month. See the Second Saturdays in 2015 document for more information. (Closed other Saturdays and on Sundays)
1201 Brazos St.
Austin, TX 78701
P.O. Box 12927
Austin, TX 78711-2927
- Sam Houston Regional Library and Research Center - Liberty
phone: (936) 336-8821
Hours: Tuesday through Friday from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. and on Saturday from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. (Closed Sundays and Mondays)
650 FM 1011
Liberty, TX 77575
P.O. Box 310
Liberty, TX 77575-0310
- State Records Center - Austin
phone: (512) 475-5155
Hours: Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Closed Saturdays and Sundays)
4400 Shoal Creek Blvd.
Austin, TX 78756
I Need to...
- Receive help for a reference question.
- Submit a comment about our website.
- View our Texas Administrative Code governing rules.
- Ask a question about our Administrative Code rules.
- Send a Public Information Act request.
Visit Us - Maps and Directions
Not sure which of our many divisions you need? Scroll down this page to browse the list of services we provide. Click on the links for more about who we are and what we do.
For PDF documents - obtain free Adobe PDF reader here.