- K12 Advisory Group
- School Librarian Certification (Texas Administrative Code)
- TEA's School Library Page
- AASL's Empowering Learners
K-12 Newsletter Archives:
- January 2016
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- Summer 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
Resources and Services for Texas School Libraries
TexQuest New Resources Trials (Available January 6, 2016) - Please download this password-protected page (get the password from your school librarian) to access trials of proposed additional TexQuest resources. Try them out, then use the surveys on the page to provide feedback on each resource.
TexQuest - The Legislature provides funding to the Texas State Library and Archives Commission for statewide digital resources for K-12 public school libraries - TexQuest provides educational resources for every grade level and subject area. Learn more at texquest.net
School Libraries: Standards, Studies, and Documents
- School Library Programs: Standards and Guidelines for Texas (2005)
- Joint TSLAC/TEA Study of the Needs of Public School Libraries (2008)
- Texas School Libraries: Standards, Resources, Services, and Students' Performances (2001)
School Libraries: Other Services
- Library Science Collection - professional library resources for YOU! Search the library catalog of the State Library, and find information about the Collection including hours, location, services, and a list of subscriptions to journal titles in library and information science.
- Summer Reading Programs - Texas public libraries offer summer programs to encourage children and teens to read for pleasure and to promote literacy. Contact your local public library for more information.
- CREW Manual - provides guidance to librarians about how to weed outdated and no longer useful materials from their collections.
- Talking Book Program - a free service that loans books and magazines to people who cannot read standard print publications because of visual, physical or reading disabilities.
Obtain free Adobe PDF Reader software from the Adobe site here.