- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- Summer 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
Resources and Services for Texas School Libraries
TexQuest - statewide digital resources for K-12 public school libraries - TexQuest provides high-quality online instructional resources for every grade level and subject area. Region 20 ESC serves as our educational partner. Learn more at texquest.net
School Libraries: Standards, Studies, and Documents
School Libraries: Other Services
- Letters About Literature - All 4th-12th graders are invited to participate! Read a book or poem and write a letter. You could be on the winner list next year! For more information about the contest, see details.
- Library Science Collection - professional library resources. Search the library catalog of the State Library, and find information including hours, location, services, and a list of subscriptions to journal titles in library and information science.
- FREE Online Courses for librarians and library staff, many with SBEC credit!
- Open eBooks is a partnership between Digital Public Library of America, The New York Public Library, and First Book and is part of the White House ConnectED Initiative.
- Summer Reading Programs - Public libraries offer summer programs to encourage children and teens to read for pleasure and to promote literacy. Contact your local public library for more information.
- CREW Manual - guidance to librarians on how to weed outdated materials from their collections.
- Talking Book Program - a free service that loans materials to people who cannot read standard print publications due to visual, physical or reading disabilities.
Obtain free Adobe PDF Reader here.