- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- Summer 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
Resources and Services for Texas School Libraries
TexQuest - statewide digital resources for K-12 public school libraries - TexQuest provides high-quality online instructional resources for every grade level and subject area. Region 20 ESC serves as our educational partner. Learn more at texquest.net
(NEW!) Discounted Additional Resources from Gale Cengage for TexQuest members!
Contact your Gale sales rep for details:
|Product||List Price||Discounted Price|
|Biography in Context||$1.575||$1.20 per student|
|History in Context - World||$1.575||$1.20 per student|
|History in Context - US||$1.575||$1.20 per student|
|Global Issues in Context||$1.575||$1.20 per student|
|People, Animals, and World||$520.00||$400.00 per building|
|Package Price (Includes All)||Per student||Minimum||Maximum|
(NEW!) TexQuest Resource Flyer
School Libraries: Standards, Studies, and Documents
School Libraries: Other Services
- Letters About Literature - All 4th-12th graders are invited to participate! Read a book or poem and write a letter. You could be on the winner list next year! For more information about the contest, see details.
- Library Science Collection - professional library resources. Search the library catalog of the State Library, and find information including hours, location, services, and a list of subscriptions to journal titles in library and information science.
- FREE Online Courses for librarians and library staff, many with SBEC credit!
- Open eBooks is a partnership between Digital Public Library of America, The New York Public Library, and First Book and is part of the White House ConnectED Initiative.
- Summer Reading Programs - Public libraries offer summer programs to encourage children and teens to read for pleasure and to promote literacy. Contact your local public library for more information.
- CREW Manual - guidance to librarians on how to weed outdated materials from their collections.
- Talking Book Program - a free service that loans materials to people who cannot read standard print publications due to visual, physical or reading disabilities.
Obtain free Adobe PDF Reader here.