- K12 Advisory Group
- School Librarian Certification (Texas Administrative Code)
- TEA's School Library Page
- AASL's Empowering Learners
K-12 Newsletter Archives:
- September 2015
- Summer 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
Services for Texas K-12 Schools
TexQuest - The 83rd Legislature provided funding to the Texas State Library and Archives Commission to re-establish statewide digital resources for K-12 public school libraries. The 84th Legislature provided additional funding to expand TexQuest, which provides educational resources for every grade level and subject area. School districts may sign up for TexQuest, access training, and learn more at texquest.net
School Libraries: Studies and Documents
- School Library Programs: Standards and Guidelines for Texas (2005)
- Texas School Libraries: Standards, Resources, Services, and Students' Performances (2001)
School Libraries: Other Services
- Library Science Collection - contains professional librarian resources. Search the library catalog of the State Library, and find information about the Library Science Collection including hours, location, services, and a listing of subscriptions to journal titles in library and information science.
- Summer Reading Programs - Texas public libraries offer summer programs to encourage children and teens to read for pleasure and to promote literacy by engaging families and people of all ages with books and programs. Contact your local library for more information.
- CREW Manual - The CREW Method provides guidance to librarians and staff in small and medium sized libraries about how to cull outdated and no longer useful materials from their collections.
- Disability Information - The Disability Information and Referral Center of the Talking Book Program houses information and materials on types of disabilities and health conditions, as well as related organizations, publications, products and technology. This is a free reference service provided for anyone with a disability-related question.
- Talking Book Program - The Talking Book Program is a free service that loans books and magazines to people who cannot read standard print publications because of visual, physical or reading disabilities.
Obtain free Adobe PDF Reader software from the Adobe site here.