Certificate of completion (PDF) - (Download to your PC, then fill in your name and date completed)
- How Long To Keep Email - Simple Flowchart
State Records Retention Schedule (5th Edition) to find retention periods for the sample documents.
Helpful blog posts:
- Getting the Most Out of Your State Agency Records Retention Schedule:
- The Bucketing Strategy as a Precautionary Solution
- Beyond A to Z: Filing Tips to Organize Better
- The Lay-RMO’s Guide to Appraising Archival/Historical Records
- Creating Records at Home:
- I Got a New Job in Records Management, Now What?
- How to Approach an Office Records Management Overhaul
- The Personnel File: Retention & Best Practices
- Information Disaster Plan
- FAQ: Can I destroy a paper original after scanning?
Visit our About page for contact information, bios, and blog posts by our Records Management Assistance team.
Our Zoom courses will be recorded and may be made publicly available on the agency’s website or other agency forum. Any images or messages submitted as part of the session may be included in that recording.
All participants have the option of participating in listen-only mode and do not have to share their video. For further assistance, download the Guide for Zoom participants.
For audio issues, see "Troubleshooting Audio Issues".
If you use assistive technology and the format of any material related to this training event interferes with your ability to access the information, please email email@example.com. To enable us to respond in a manner most helpful to you, please indicate the nature of your accessibility issue, the preferred format in which to receive the material, the Web address related to the training event, and your contact information.
Can't find what you're looking for? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 512-463-7610.